Echo test, freaking out

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I just got out of my echo test and I am having some really bad anxiety

I came prepared with all these questions to ask thfor cardioligst and I guess a "technician" does my test

I asked a couple questions and she told me that she usually dosnt answer questions

My anxious was very high and I asked one more and she said "you might as well stop now because I can't tell you anything" I felt like the test took longer then it should have (30 min) and at what point I saw her facial expression and she looked sort of confused and or focused on something..

When we were done she threw a towel at me and walked out the door I quickly put on my shirt and walked out and she was quietly talking to th lady at the front desk and when they saw me they stopped talking and she said "bye now" and waited for me to leave before they resumed

This has me very concerned.. Is this normal? I just asked if she saw anything that I should be worried about and instead of a "no" or "maybe" she just said

You're gonna have to talk with your doctor about it.. This makes me believe there must be something very bad in store and the only thing she told me was to wait a week.. I've been waiting 5 weeks for this test just to get worst anxiety Then I've had over my heart

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

And she just kept stating that "the cardioligst makes the big bucks so I have to wait" idk what this had to do with anything seeing she's done this for a very long time i assumed she could of just said "don't worry it looks normal but you will have to wait" or something along those lines

• Posted

Shell get fired if she does that. Shes a tech. Most likely she did profile you as avery anxious person and told the other nurses. Hence why they stopped talking when you walked by. They dont feel as you do, this is their job and they do it ..so nothing was about your health. I know that sounds cold but its true. The doctor would call you asap if something is wrong. 

My husband had a mri for a back injury they tracked him down at work and forced him to leave immediately and go to the hospital as he need surgery. He listened and had some surgery. Hes fine now. They always call for a bad thing. Always. 

Dont do that anymore. Its unfair and rude.let them do their job and the Doctor will do his. That disrupts the exam alltogether and makes the technician uncomfortable. It also red flags you as a very high strung anxious person. Your anxiety can not dictate a professionals job. That would mess everything up.

• Posted

Thank you Lisa, every time I've read a echo story people make it sound like it's always the doctor doing it and they get the results immediately, I'm just paranoid. I feel I could die before the doctor sees my test haha. Currently 6 hours after the test, only about 130 more to go

• Posted

And I wasn't aware it was a legal thing, I thought she just wasn't concerned.

• Posted

One last question, do you know if they know if something is out of the ordinary? Would i expect a call the same day if something was off?
    • Posted

Of course they would call you if something sinister was there. They should call you and give you the results anyway  within 10 days as well. Call them if you do not hear anything at that point, 
    • Posted

If you had something wrong with your heart I highly doubt that they would be allowed to let you leave!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.