Ecoli, Yeast, Urethral burning

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

I'm at my wits end! Back before May 2017 I had chronic yeast infections. OBGYN gave me Diflucan. Thought went away. Come September diagnosed resistant Ecoli. Last almost 7 months. Just cleared up last Friday. However severe amounts of yeast in my urine and high glucose levels in urine. I also was on several antibiotics trying to kill Ecoli. I definitely have vaginal yeast infection however my urethra constantly burns and at times itches. I also get urgency. Bladder empties fine. No issues there. What is this? Can Candidal Vaginitis cause burning itching and pain in urethra? Or am I just really flared up still from having ecoli for that long?? It's awful. I get spasms too in bladder and urethra. During my menstrual it's much worse. But I doubt it's IC. I have obvious infections. Any suggestions? I drink plenty of water. Just started probiotics and oil or oregano tabs. One yogurt a day with live cultures. I see my OBGYN in one week. I took three doses of Diflucan but he wants me to take another today. I'm losing my mind with this pain. My Urogynocologist only treated my Ecoli. She referred me to my OBGYN for this yeast in urine and vaginal infections and urethra. I though Urogynocologist could treat all of this? Guess I was wrong or she's just being lazy. Who knows. Now I'm hoping my OBGYN can treat my vaginal issues and urethra. I go tomorrow for another urine culture for my Urogynocologist. Keeping both Drs on same page. Any advice? What could this be? Thank you and God bless you all. It's a nightmare. I know 😥

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you mean ,, back before ..... may 2016 ? 

Yeast is an opportunistic infection. Because of the e.coli infection, it removed most of the good bugs that counter yeast infection.  So you are doing correctly with taking probiotics. Also increase vegetables and fiber diet like oatmeal and beans. 

• Posted

Rocky has given advice. Hope the doctors can get to the root of your problems and you will soon be feeling better. Take care of yourself. 
  • Posted

Tara yes candida can affect the urthra and vagina area,Ive been there, awfull i know you need to cut out sugar and yeast for at least a month  and take a good probiotic daily, sugar feeds candida and you get cravings for sweet stuff cos the candida needs it to thrive.  Drink plenty of water too. Urogynocologist wont be able to cure you if its candida,Theres no miracle cure  that will work all the time to much sugar and yeast is consumed.  Look up candida in google.   Let us know how it all goes.

Sue 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.