Ectopic beats and palpitations HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

A while ago I had a sudden onset of rapid heart beat which lasted 30 mins. Everyone said anxiety then found I was anaemic. Since July I've been on iron tablets and not had rapid heart beat but keep getting ectopic heart beats and it feels like it's going to go rapid! Is it just anxiety I've had tests done 24hr ecg and blood tests my docs says I'm stressed and anxious plus I've had a baby in February so need to take it easy. Does anyone else have these because their really scaring me and in essence it's ruining my life I'm not doing normal things I'm scared to exert myself sad please help reassure me people!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi XxaimxX it's normal don't panic I have been same condition what I have my baby born in July one day all sudden my heart beating really fast I thought I'm going to die I went to hospital everything was normal they said it's panic attack since than I was suffering with anxiety but I'm a lot better now no more panic attacks but u have to be positive just stay calm and u will soon pass this don't worry xx
    • Posted

Thank you so much it's helped a lot!! It's weird how it happens I just want to get on with my life and look forward to my first Christmas with Lily, I hope your getting on ok smile x
  • Posted

Yeah I had it so bad but take medication now and it's improved so much but the ego pic beats are a nuisance as it feel like it jumps stops then palpitates go to doctors if it's still troubling you and ask for a beta blocker as it will help with the horrid symptoms xx
    • Posted

I was on beater blockers but my bp is low so it slowed my heart even more which I didn't want so came off them. I've got CBT soon so will learn to cope with them that way hopefully! Thanks for replying x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.