Ectopic beats, anxiety and can't stop monitoring my heart, don't know what to do anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm new here. I'm a 35 yo female and have been having PVC's and PAC's for over a decade (since my first pregnancy to be exact)

Usually my pvc's come and go (they will be there for 3-4 months max and then I won't have any for a few months) But this time, I've had them for over 7 months, every day. I have a lot of anxiety and just can't deal with them...

So I got all the tests done (again) a few weeks ago: echo, ecg, stress test and 2 Holter monitors (1 was 24 hrs and the other 4 days) Everything was normal, except for "non frequent" pvc's and pac's.

Some days i will have a few pvc's (maybe 10) and other days I will have like 20-50. I have more pac's, maybe 100/day, but I don't feel all of them. I do feel all the pvc's.

So I bought this heart monitor to wear at home. It tracks your heartbeat up to 24hrs at a time and shows your pvc's and pac's. It is reassuring to see that what I'm feeling are really only ectopic heartbeats, but this became like an addiction. I can't stop wearing it and I keep analysing the +1000 pages of ecg every day. I feel like I'm going crazy! I'm scared to not wear it because I feel like I have some sort of "control" when I can check the ecg myself after an episode of pvc's.

I'm so scared, I don't feel like myself anymore and i don't remember how I dealt with these before I started tracking them myself.

So how do you guys do it? How do you keep living normally with this constant fear?

I already take propranolol and meds for anxiety. It doesn't help that much.

I just want to feel normal again

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can you please tell me more about this monitor you bought for home

• Posted

Hello

It's called Wellue Heart Health Monitor. I bought it on Amazon..

It's not always accurate though, it detected atrial fibrillation even though I don't have that condition (was checked by my cardiologist when I freaked out about it)

But it does show the PVC's and PAC's

I wouldn't recommend using it too much (or at all).

Like I mentioned above, it's pretty hard to stop checking my heart every day now... Like an addiction

• Posted

Thank you.

Yes I understand.

I used to get that way with my bp monitor.

Right now its my oximeter......

• Edited

I now how hard it is - I've had PVCs since my 30s and i will be 60 on Sunday! Mine have suddenly ramped up again and i will see cardiologist in 2 weeks. I suffer from anxiety as well and cannot tell you how often I've checked my pulse/blood pressure to reassure myself that I'm not having heart attack! I think the anxiety only feeds the PVCs - just get more and more of them. I feel much better when I'm busy and moving around, although I do sometimes feel them with activity. Once I sit down, however, I'm doomed! Ugh! Try to take the focus off of them in whatever way you can - stay busy, take deep breaths and stretch - rest when you need to and come here to vent we will listen!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.