Ectopic beats are taking over when laying down in the evening

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey Guys!

I have been having ectopic beats for the past 20 years or so mostly stress induced, and they usually come and go.

I have learnt to live with them and I know they won't kill me... so far.

I have been going through a rough time in the past few weeks and my ectopic beats flared up big time.

I do not get them much during the day, but as soon as I lay down and drifting away they come on and seriously every second beat is an ectopic beat.

It is driving me crazy cause I cannot sleep. I have lost a lot of weight and had some stomach issues due to stress, so not sure what is going on, but this out of control.

Has anyone experienced the same?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers, Pete

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

yep, right there too! Every night they same as the PVCs "run" (every other beat)would start while I'm trying to go to sleep. it would stop when I get up and walk around but that meant I got very little sleep. My PCP wanted to recommend a sleep aid but that's not addressing the problem! Sleeping with bunch of pillows to elevate my head didn't work at all! My EP finally suggested flecainide and Metoprolol two weeks ago and they stopped! But I still have some strong pounding PVCs a few times during the day that makes me feel weak and need to sit down! It still drives me crazy to have them and disrupt my daily activities. I've had ectopics for 40 yrs but it never bothered me like it does now! EP and cardiologists say it's nothing to worry about but they don't have them or know how bad it makes you feel. Get a good cardiologist who's willing to help and not brush it off. I've had to go to 3 til I found one who makes me feel they really care. BTW some fellow sufferers say they go away on their own! I hope you'll be one of those! Let us know how you get along.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.