Ectopic beats daily.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experiencing ectopic beats for the past 2 weeks. I went to the ER and ekg, blood work and x-ray came back perfect. Followed up with my primary care physician who said i was ok just need to lose weight... Once i get them i become so anxious. Any input? also, they only happen at night! I literally have been so stressed about it and i often get 20-100 sometimes...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It seems that you can have a real mess of them for many years, without real harm. I certainly have. I've been to how many doctors, who all just shrug and smirk. They have to get really bad, and really frequent, almost without letup, before it's worth it to try anything serious about them.

About the one thing that's easy and sometimes helps seems to be beta blockers, but few doctors want to give them as-needed, nor do they want to give them all the time for something that only happens sporadically.

Losing weight is a nice idea and might help. Also a little extra magnesium, either as supplement capsules - the stores are full of them - or just have a few almonds every day, sometimes that helps, or reduces the intensity.

• Posted

thank you for the response. I have tried eliminating caffeine and even more physical excercise. After I ate i felt a little better, its just odd that they come in episodes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.