Ectopic beats everyday

Posted , 139 users are following.

Hi. Anyone suffer from ectopics? Mine started 3 yrs ago when i was pregnant and are getting worse. Had ecgs...48 hr ecg ( which of course only showed a couple) echo and ct angiogram which im waiting the results for but wanted to know how many is normal? For the last 5 days have been really bad and tonight in the space of an hour as i counted them i had 16..just so typical that when i had my 48 hr ecg a few weeks back i was having a good few days so of course the cardiologist said all looked normal. Just wondered if people suffered with these and what the outcome has been? Its really getting to me and worrying me now. THANKS.

4 likes, 228 replies

228 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello again,  Yes, I know you can be calm in bed at night and they will happen. My EP doctor insists they happen to more anxiety prone people. It is hard to figure out what brings them on but try to keep a log of what you were doing, eating etc. when they come on. We are all in this together and hopefully can find a cure!
  • Posted

My heart issues started in my forties and I am mid 50 s now. Interesting to read all the posts from people in there 20s and 30s also leading athletic and healthy lives.  I am a very active, healthy person otherwise by the waysmile I continue the search for a cure...........a natural one, not taking a bunch of pharmaceuticals if possible.
  • Edited

Hi Emily

I am 72 and have had ectopics for 47 years!  They never fail to put me on edge and it doesn't help that I am a nervous person anyway.  I can go for months where there are none and my life is bliss and then they come back with a vengeance.  Recently they have started to give me bad nights so I take a Nytol to blank it all out!  It is comforting to have found this site and to know that there are so many people with them though I have never met anyone who has them and that makes me feel "odd"!  I cannot pinpoint any triggers at all - I don't smoke or drink and have a good diet.

• Posted

Its good to know in a way that after 47 years you're still here so the comfort is that they dont kill you. I have sufferred these horrid things about 10 years and they seem worse. On top of that I get A fib now as well sometimes. Its insane but try to keep calm as possible
  • Posted

Thanks both for your comments smile it really does effect people of all ages!!

Im fed up....came up to bed half an hour ago...nice and relaxed going to read my book...and in the space of half an hour had loads of crappy beats....why???? Im relaxed!! I get so angry with them. Go away!!!

• Edited

Hi,  I know the feeling as mine mostly come at night when I am so tired and just want to sleep. I think it is mechanical, our GI system, stomach, vagal nerve position etc.  It is funny, in the morning while still in bed, no ectopics! Try eating earlier and that goes for alcohol too if you engage. I have had them for 3 years now and I am trying to live with them but sometimes it gets real depressing. Hang in there and keep in touch.
    • Posted

I used to love a glass of wine or 5 but totally put off drinking now because it does make them worse. If i do have a rare drink i prepare myself for a crap night 😊

So...went to Holland & Barrett on Monday and bought some magnesium tablets...have heard these could help with the beats. Watch this space will keep you updated. 😕

• Posted

Any updates Emily? Hope your well. I have just started with mine a few weeks back. Had ecg (fine) but didnt have any flutters whilst on ecg machine. Currently awaiting 24 monitor. Awake now having them every couple of mins....so scary. Cant stand them grrr. Hope your okay 😉
    • Edited

Hi Mark. Sorry to hear your suffering. Its horrible isnt it . Hopefully they will catch them on the 24 hr ecg and confirm to you that they benign. Well...i am very pleased to say that since taking the magnesium supplements i have not had ANY bad episodes. Ive had the odd one here and there but i can live with those. I hope im not jinxing it buy saying that i havent had any bad episodes and maybe the magnesium isnt actually doing anything...but as long as they stay away im going to continue taking it. Let us know how you get on with your 24 hr holter moniter. X
    • Posted

Meant to also ask you did the Magnesium tablets help at all? Hope you and the others on this thread are doing well. All your messages are so reassuring! How do you know it has moved from ectopics to A-fib could anyone tell me? I have had flutters that don't stop for a few seconds - is that more Afib? or would it be a case of the flutters not stopping at all in Afib?

Sorry to sound clueless - just not quite sure..

• Edited

Hi,

Glad you found relief, may I ask what brand (type) and how much magnesium you are taking?  Thanks

• Edited

Just Holland & Barrett,..they are calcium and magnesium tablets. 250mg of magnesium and 500mg of calcium. Think it was £4 for 100 tablets.

Have been taking them nearly 4 weeks now and maybe get the odd ectopic beat every other day. Only had 2 days where i had a bunch which lasted a couple of minutes...where as before i was getting them all the time. So happy!!

• Posted

Hi and thank you for the information just one more question As I am in the USA what type of magnesium ?Thanks
    • Edited

Magnesium Oxide? Thats one of the active ingredients. Hope that helps. Google holland & barrett and it will show you the magnesium products and the ingredients.
    • Posted

Be careful taking too much magnesium can be just as bad, have yr levels tested first

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.