Ectopic hearbeats

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I've been suffering from ectopic beats for years now . It started after my last born . I have these beats in my heart chest ,every 1 minute I would experience one this was about 3 years ago after visiting a&e they said it was nothing to worry about .,they lasted one day then went completely. However in August they came back but didnt go away . I went to hospital many of times convinced I was dying . I got referred but my appointment was ages away so I went private and got in for a 24 hour ecg and heart scan . The ecg showed ectopic beat but they said it was nothing to worry about and advised to take beta blockers . I didnt have the medication as only being 29 I didnt want to start on them . I instead starting taking magnesium. after 4 weeks of constant ectopics losing weight as I wasnt eating much and completely changed my diet they disappeared again. I havent had caffine in years anyways . I dont drink dont smoke . I didnt have a long break and they came back again . Im just currently starting a episode had them 4 days now. what I want to ask people is when you eat something that triggers them how soon after eating it do the ectopics start .? I ate chocolates sarurday night followed by chocolate biscuits sunday night and my ectopics started monday morning . could this be the cause of them starting again now . I don't think ive ever felt so scared and low in my entire life . i have days where I think if this is life now is there any point in it to live in fear every day . when I have theres episodes I hardly talk, eat , or move because movement makes them worst . 😭😭😔

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i,ve had ectopics for 45 years on and off then suddenly my heart started to race on occasions, svt. i was 28 when the ectopics started , worked and had 3 children. i am 73 now and on Bisoprolol 1.25. I feel awful on this drug , tried to come off it but within a few days take it again. i,m always looking for a reason for my illness like food i eat etc. like you i never smoked or drunk alcohol. Stress and upset seems to start mine off.

• Posted

thanks for your reply ann . sorry to hear you have had these for so long . The doctor has prescribed me bisoprolol 2.5mg which I'm still not taking for as long as I can cope with these blips . Does the bisoprolol take your ectopics away completely?

• Posted

I only take 1.25 mg, that is enough to make me feel awful, i do feel there are times of the day when i do not feel my ectopics so bad. i can feel ok for a couple of days and feel more energetic but all of a sudden i,ll have a bad day. i couldn,t really say whether it helps my ectopics though!

• Posted

5 years ago i felt chest flutters went to er diagnosed with atrial flutter, paroxsymal a fib, junctional rhythm, then svt so i have seen cardiologist i have worn 24 hr monitor, 48 hr monitor 2 week monitor and 1 month monitor and told i have a bunch of pacs and pvcs and they feel it may have been an extreme anxiety attack they kept me overnight for 23 hour observation as my heart rate got to 207 but since i was asymptomatic discharged home on metoprolol and then added verapamil took metoprolol for 2 years and cardiac electrophysiologist took me off and left me on verapamil everything went away for 4.5 years and then 6 months ago they restarted verapamil stopped working I guess i have been told to get my anxiety under control i have been to ER 3 times and they can see what i am feeling but underlying rhythm is sinus rhythm so they send me home bystolic helps me not feel them but my apple watch shows me i still have them my apple watch has told me i was in a fib went to er while this was happening and due to my age said watch was inaccurate as i am 42 and monitor showed extra beats so watch was misinterpreting rhythm it is stressful and i am learning to endure but i just want them to go away sorry for what you are experiencing but i know there are a lot of us experiencing these same beats

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.