Ectopic heart beats

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have really bad ectopic heart beats I feel they are ruining my life I'm currently waiting for test results I just dont know what to do anymore they are consuming me

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry.. I had ectopics at 10% for 3 years... they are very uncomfortable and alarming but apparently harmless... Mine disappeared overnight... I had been on a course of Magnesium Citrate on the advice of my cardiologist... But its hard to tell if they were responsible for the cure .. I still take it "just in case"..Good luck

• Posted

Kerrey

Ive been battelling ectopics for a few weeks now . It started off fairly mild after some stress in my life I got more and more intune with them as now either Ive made them worse from stress or I'm just aware of them every second of every day ! It's nuts as soon as a get up to move they start ! I've had all the scans doneand a Holter which showed 1500 ectopics a day or around 2% of LL heart beats. Doctor said there's not much you can do about them but some medication like a beta blocker. He said with everything else fairly normal the best medication is to forget about about them ! He said stress is like a key that activates ectopic cells . He said if you ignore them one day you will wake up and they will be gone ! I'm still waiting for that day !

• Posted

Some people find that they stop when they are exercising particularly when running.

• Posted

Yeah I have noticed this . It has to be proper running though. I found walking and moderate excercise makes it worse ! Going for a proper run def makes them go away . The problem is they then come back with avengence after excercise

• Posted

Friends wife used to run six miles most days. Hers were not worse afterwards and they eventually went. Me, I'm in permanent AF and have neuropathy so can barely walk far less run.

• Posted

im on bisoprsol and have GTN spray with me mine arent as bothersome at work more when im relaxed or sit still i work in a 30 bedroom care home for with learning disabilities so its fast paced and 15 hour shift im stressed and exhausted but can cut back i work 50 to 70 hours a week single mum as well lol hopefully they will just subside thanks for the replies guys not feeling so alone now i hope you all get some peace from your symptoms

• Posted

i have done a few times i think its more a panic thing though they prescribed me GTN when i had the heart pain in july

• Posted

I was first prescribed a GNT spray in 2003 and several times since by doctors who thought I might need one. I've never had cause to use it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.