Ectopic heartbeat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, Having just been diagnosed with type 1 Hereditary Haemochromatosis, I'm wondering if it could be the reason I have the problem with my heart, I've got a heart monitor fitted and it's checked every 6 months, but no-one seems to know what's wrong. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would like to know if it's connected.

Thanks.  

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You're better seeing a haematologist. I have to suffer a gastro and they may know about livers but they know little about haemochromatosis. I thought it was criminal when he told me,a light drinker,to abstain from alcohol for 3 months when my ferritin was at dangerous levels (1500) but he told someone whose ferritin was 5500 the same.How he didn't get cirrhosis due to his negligence I don't know.

• Posted

I hope you've now seen a haematologist Eric and are now having regular venesections.

Very best wishes.

• Posted

I haven't but after nearly a year of venesections I will soon be in maintenance.It was just the unnecessary wait at the beginning that worried me at the time.

• Posted

Good to hear!

I have only just started, had my first one a week ago. My ferritin was 720, so I'm hoping it will take less than a year to reach maintenance, but I know everyone is different.

• Posted

Yes,it should.It tends to go down quite a lot at first.Mine went down 500 after one or two venesections.Good luck.The weeks will fly by!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.