Ectopic Heartbeat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good Evening everyone, so glad I stumbled on this forum, its so reassuring reading other peoples experience with ectopics. I'm 46 years old diagnosed with eptopics last year after going through a very stressful time. I had a 72hr tape, treadmill & scan I was told they are benign. they come & go, can go days and weeks without them but last weeks been quite bad. I don't drink alcohol or caffeine. don't smoke. Seems like my magnesium helps, can anyone recommend which type to take? I also think they are linked to gas, after I belch they ease.

My doctor gave me Bisoprolol 1.25mg. I only take when they get bad but not sure they do anything. I'd be very gratefulfor any further advice.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take magnesium bis-glycinate

I take it at bedtime. It gives me amazing sleeps, and it really helps with my flutters.

I also find mine are bad if my stomach is upset, or if I have eaten and my stomach is bloated and full of gas.

I too get that really good burp out, and everything settles

That dam vagas nerve!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Hi Marc

You have followed the correct route via your doctor so at least you know your condition is benign, so don't need to worry on that score.

As you will have read on these forums it is often a great mystery as to why they start or why they stop, what causes them or what cures them.

Did you ever suffer from IBS? Digestion appears to be a considerable part of the problem allied with anxiety, so it may be that anxiety triggers off the condition in the first place and then it kicks back in and out for a variety of reasons.

Has your diet changed? Look up 'the vagus nerve' and you will see how closely that is connected to your digestive system. As you say, letting off wind often helps as can breathing deeply or 'tonal stimulation' This last revolves round humming and resonates with the vagus nerve and can be quite effective

Its worth keeping a detailed food, drink and activity diary for a month, to see if you can pinpoint anything that sets you off and to identify what measures work to cure them and under what circumstances..

• Posted

thanks for your reply, yes I went through cardiologyst, had a 72hr tape fitted and scan on my heart while resting and after running on a treadmill. everything was fine the other topics were picked up but I was told there was benign.

I had a full medical health check I assume IBS would’ve been picked up if that was the case. I do try to look at my food pattern and daily habits to see if anything is triggering them off. , I eat quite healthy I frequently exercise do not drink smoke or do caffeine . One thing I did find strange.... I had Covid back in August and had no ectopics for around 4 to 5 weeks. I had Covid again (very mild) around 5 weeks ago and again went several weeks with no ectopics.

• Posted

i seem to have flare ups, i like you have had all the tests ecgs tapes and an evho nothing ever picked up other than some skipped beats that they arent worried about

i go weeks and months with out them and then i will have flare ups that last for days im on my 3rd day and when they come they literally go on for 20 mins at a time what feels like continuois skipped beats its a horrivle feeling

i dont really have any advice, i also suffer from acid reflux and i find when that flares up the ectopics are worse, i would never of connected the two until i found this site which is great, i also commented just because sometimes its nice to hear other peopke have the same issues and you arent alone

do you suffer digestive issues? antacids can help

• Posted

Good evening and thanks for your reply, I don’t seem to have any digestion issues. However my up topics are more prevalent I feel I need to belch. maybe there is a link between them

• Posted

Tablets are maintenance. I mean that to get effective consistent results, one must consistently take tablets in a faithful way. Not jump ship, or play with the size of dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.