ectopic heartbeats

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suffer with ectopic heartbeats (PVC's ?..about 7% burden) . They are absent when I wake up but slowly appear as I lay in bed ...does anyone have any explantion or similar symptoms. Perhaps this a function of the nervous system rather than a heart defect.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Roger I hear ya buddy! I have the same. Sometimes very prominent sometimes not ! They are not often a heart dIefect. Have you had a echo done? That will show if your heart is structurally sound.Mine are worse some days than others. And yes, I get them in the morning in bed and hate it. Also at night when I am trying to relax I will feel them.They are a nuisance but very very rarely anything serious. Go see a an EP dr to make sure.I am 65 years old and had them since I was in my teens( didn't know what they were then)They will get worse with age. Try taking magnissiom( sp) . It helps me and alot of people. And watch the alcohol.Not to much. But, my nerves can cause them to go big time if I am having an anxious day. ( or think I will have one) I try to meditiate every evening. Try not to pay to much attention to them becuase thise just makes them worse!!!!! Take care!! Hope you feel better. WE are buds here~~ 

• Posted

Hi Mable I also am plagued with ectopics had 2 ablations this year meds have no effect but seeing EP tomorrow 12 weeks on from ablation small improvement, but hope he can give me some advice on what to do as walking or stairs are very difficult I am 55 year old woman but feel 95! Will let u know how I get on. Ingrid
    • Posted

I am so sorry the Ablation didn't help. We know how they feel the damn things, The doctor just says ignore them! Haha! I know I feel old and likemy heart will stop!I am so sorry~ Let us know how you are doing !! Hug, Mabel!!! 

• Posted

I get them sometimes during the day but mostly at night when laying down. I see my cardiologist the 16th.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha ..Thank you for your reply...Ectopics whilst laying down at night is very common and a real pain trying to get to sleep...but are they  absent when you first wake up and then gradually reappear as you lay awake... i would be interested to know...good luck with your cardiolgist.. best regards
  • Posted

Hi Rodger back from EP today basically he said I have another ablation 3rd this year but I could end up with RBBB permanently he did this at last ablation but I recovered! or just live with it! now dont know what to do , life is hard living with this but he cant give me any guarantees even with a 3rd ablation, im already on lowfodmap diet and no alcohol tea coffe chocolate which is diffi ult! Apparently some people have this and feel nothing unfortunately I feel every blooming one! Where to go now EP offered me a third opinion with another EP and MRI scan so will have to wait for that appointment, any comments much appreciated!

Regards all

Ingrid

• Posted

hi Ingrid... You have my every sympathy... not only do you suffer severe discomfort but you are deprived of lifes little luxuries... I have every respect for the medical profession but i think there is still a long way to go before this problem is fully understood ... my particular interest is the relationship between heart malfunction and the nervous system.. In my case I think they are closely related.. I wish you the very best for your next ablation and I hope it rids you of the problem forever .. best regards 
    • Posted

hello there and just know we are all with you and my opinion is stop having the ablations and try to ignore them and live your life. I have not yet heard of an ablation curing ectopics but they are good for things like SVT
    • Posted

Hi K3rivers.I think you are right, some people have thousands a day. But somehow they dont bother them.We feel ours . Hard to ignore. I have them so many places, my throat,my chest , my neck,,I dont know what I am feeling these days! But, i dont get but maybe 5 to10 a day. Its the ones in the morning and when I am trying to relax.He says that he gets them 7 percent of the time.I think I would  look for a cure too. All I know is that exercise helps me,drinking V8 low sodium and taking magnissum and spraying in on my feet or what ever hurts at night helps alog. The mag really is a vitamin that helps alot.They give that to you in the hospital if you come in with irregular beats plus potassium. But,be careful with the potassium .Just take it by foods and you are safe. Potatoes, Figs,Bannanas, Almonds.Dont take the pill unles told by a doctor.Very dangerous .I wish us all Sinus Rythmn!!! I had my rate control turned off today so waiting to see how that works(my pacemaker!!!) have a good night all!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.