Ectopic pregnancy??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been having recurring pain in my lower left abdomen, with spotting at first-really sharp and then dull, radiating up and down my left side.

Went to gp and they said suspected ruptured ovarian cyst, but didn't do an ultrasound-pain comes on really suddenly then goes, for the past few weeks.

My periods have been a bit irregular, I missed one month fully, then the last month was really light but full of clots! i've returned negative hpt and not sure what is going on.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced anything similar-and what the outcome was.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ectopic pregnancies aren’t safe for the mother. Also, the embryo won’t be able to develop to term. It’s necessary to remove the embryo as soon as possible for the mother’s immediate health and long-term fertility. Treatment options vary depending on the location of the ectopic pregnancy and its development.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.