Ectopics after ablation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Tomorrow it'll be 7 weeks post ablation and these skipping beats drive me crazy... Last week I was at my cardiologist and EP, and they said that everything's fine with my heart (on echo) and my ekg and holter monitor both showed normal sinus rhythm. Both said that ectopics are normal, too. If everything's going to be fine then I don't have to go to them, only on a yearly check up. I'm so not used to this many ectopics, before the procedure I haven't had them this often (there are days when I don't have them, then all of a sudden I have many a day, for days). I done the ablation so I don't have to deal with svt no more, and now I'm so scared of these ectopics, hope it's only part of the healing process and they will go away eventually...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Shortly after my 2nd ablation (successful), I began noticing lots more ectopics, and they bothered me quite a bit. As time went by with no SVT, I paid less and less attention to the ectopics, often barely noticing them. Maybe you'll experience something like this. You might, too, keep reminding yourself that a healthy heart tolerates ectopics very well. I know you'll take the best of care of yourself, and I wish you well.

• Posted

Yes it is normal i had them for like a year after, I had my ablation Nov 22 2017 . I still sometimes fell off beat but nothing like the first year after. The ablation really tore me down physically or i felt it did but at least my heart isn't getting stuck at 257 beats per minute any more. I was born with this and was misdiagnosed for over 34 years. I guess this could just be my age age at a norm just turning 50 yrs old. what i thought was normal was a heart beat at a minimal of 111 all the time.

• Posted

yes these are ectopic beats (PVCs) that almost everybody is experiencing after ablation! I did my ablation in late march, 2019 & am still experiencing them almost on daily basis with good & bad days! VERY FRUSTRATING as I didn't have them before the procedure! From my research, it takes a while for the heart to fully heal after the ablation, but they do ease up after one year! Wish my doctor warned about them upfront; I wouldn't have done the ablation & stayed on medical therapy.. GOOD LUCK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.