Ectopics & Low Heart Rate

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone experienced ectopic beats along with a slow resting heart rate (below 60bpm)?

I am a 29 year old male who has been getting ectopic beats and slipped beats for the last 18 months now, and have been on Bisoprolol 1.25mg once daily for around 3 or 4 months.

I’ve had ECG’s, blood tests and 24 hour ECG’s in the recent past, and have also just had an echocardiogram which ruled out anything structurally wrong with my heart.

I’ve noticed at night I seem to be getting a slow pulse rate. The last time I checked it was 60bpm, however sometimes it has been around 5 or 6 beats slower.

One thing I do notice with this is feeling shaky and cold even when it’s not actually that cold, and if I try to then increase my heart rate by standing up and moving around this brings on a lot more slipped beats and extra beats which will eventually calm down on its own after a lot of worry and panic.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have ectopics. over 7 days on a holter there were 26000 . i sometimes feel a bit light headed sometimes feel my chest is tight. echo was ok Doc says its to be lived with. i push myself insofar as i walk vigourously up hills, right now at altitude, carry stuff, lift stuff, be normal. i have had a heart rate under 60 all my life 33 and 38 at night sometimes after bumps and thuds only 48 . The more i look for the evtopics the more i feel them and the more anxious i get. I try VERY hard to distract my self i too get the shakey inside feeling and thinking my pulse so fast its vibrating me but if i feel for it its not. we are all agreed its horrid and actually we are all still carrying on after years and years of it with only our poor minds destroying our joy of life. bisoprolol actually slowed my rate down more and didnt help me. I truly believe most of us make it worse by being anxious about it and deep breaths and getting on with the day helps hang in there and enjoy the input from other victims on here. we are just a different normal

• Posted

I have been having a lot of pacs too, was on a beta blocker and flecainide, neither made much of a difference . The slow heart rate is probably blocked pacs, i get heart rates in the 40-50s at times, especially with exertion. I have had so many tests, all normal, am schedules for a Cardiac PET scan next. They freak me out..lol Dr says not to worry. I find if Itake a deep breath and hold it, it will speed up sometimes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.