Eczema

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is eczema curable?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is. My sister has eczema too. It's  treated with oral medications, steroid creams and light therapy .
  • Posted

My sister doesn't have budget for those expensive treatment.She's using moringga oil for her skin,health drink and organic soap. They're a lot cheaper and effective.
  • Posted

Steroid cream will have side effects
    • Posted

Yeah.That's why my sis is planning to stick now with organic products.
  • Posted

Hi Abdu,

Eczema is not "curable" as such, however there are many treatments and products available to reduce and relieve its symptoms.

If you can find out the trigger of your eczema, eg something in your diet, then you can greatly reduce symptoms by cutting these out.

Kind regards,

Mistrys

• Posted

I have eczema on my ankle and groin areas. Will it spread to other places?

What control has to be done on diet?

• Posted

Some people find that their eczema is triggered or worsened by eating certain foods, such as dairy or gluten products. It could be worth keeping a diary, so you can identify what is triggering a flare up, and cut down on these foods to see if it helps.

- Mistrys

• Posted

Can Steroid cream give some relief of itiching
    • Posted

Yes, steroid creams such as hydrocortisone can help to relieve the itching, however these are best used in conjunction with a good moisturiser, and should be used with precaution on delicate areas
    • Posted

I have applied garlic paste on the area and it gives me some relief of itiching. Is it harmful.
    • Posted

This should not be harmful, just be careful not to apply it to broken skin
    • Posted

You are answering the questions with clear solutions. Are you a doctor?

How about smoking. I am smoking 4 to 5 cigarettes in a day. 

• Posted

Really happy to know that you are a pharmacist that too 40 years' experience. In which country

are you from? The sight u suggested is not working.

I was under steroid (prednislone) treatment for MCNS for 10 yrs. Dose  starting from 60 mg to 5mg on tapering. Frequent relapses. Remission maximum 9 months only. Finally I had ishemia

(A block on my right limb) in 2010.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.