Eczema

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.

I am a 24 year old female who has eczema on her hands and feet. I've had eczema since I was a young child but it seems to be getting worse.

Is there anything other than moisturizing fervently that any of you could suggest ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Saint John's Wort Cream or, if you are not taking any prescription medicine, you can also try it in pill form. I was permanently cured from Eczema by taking the pils @ 600mg/day for 6 months. I don't wish to repeat myself too much, but if you want plenty more of info on tbe subject, please check out my other posts. 

Best of luck!

• Posted

I could not possibly tell you personally, since I used the SJW extract in pill form, not the actual cream. The pills got me rid of the entire disease and symptoms with time. But this is no guarantee it may work for everyone. If you want information on how the SJW cream worked in a small clinical trial, please type PMID: 12807340 in your search engine to read about its convincing effects against the disease.
  • Posted

Sometimes eczema can be related to diet, mine is often triggered by sugars, yeast / breads, exposure to cold, water, bleaches, dust, etc.  I tried lotriderm and it worked for flareups.  I have two things that work for me.  The first is a garlic ginger drink and the second is cod liver oil.  I am not sure about the long term effects of the drink / cod liver oil. I do think that I might be able to control mine with diet and careful reduction of exposure to triggers.
    • Posted

Hi Kiera,

I am not a doctor, nor a scientist, nor a researcher, but because I cured myself from a 20 year case of the disease with SJW, I became interested in knowing how that became possible, when everything I had tried before failed to help me with the condition.

Just like you, and while I was still suffering from the disease, I intiially believed my eczema was caused by a mixture of factors like those you are describing above. But later, after much reading on scientific research sites, I found out that such factors could only be aggravating it, but were not the root-cause of the disease.

Here is what I found out : 

1) Eczema initially develops because of a broken skin barrier that allows external invaders such as allergens and bacteria to colonize the skin.

2) The main bacteria behind the propagation of the disease in at least 90% of cases, is a resistant strain of Staphylococcus Aureus, that causes inflammation, then a degranulation of the mast cells that liberate plenty of histamine, causing intense itching. 

So if this is indeed true, to cure Eczema, it would be helpful to:

1) Get rid of the tough-to-beat infection on the skin layer. This would likely stop the chronic itching and inflammation that further damages the skin layer when we "auto-mutilate" our skin.

2) Repair the damaged skin layer that allows water to get out and external invaders to get in.

Further reading taught me that Saint John's Wort possesses :

1) Pharmacological properties to kill many strains of bacteria including the resistant strain of Staphylococcus Aureus mentioned above.

2) Anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the redness and itching.

3) The ability to help differentiate Keratinocytes on the skin, an essential factor in helping repair skin that has become permeable.

All of these properties of SJW have been proven in many labs around the world, although they haven't been confirmed in large-scale clinical trials that would suggest this may work for most people. But I do know for a fact that SJW must have done all of these things for my skin, with time. It did not work like an aspirin tablet against a headache. But after 5-6 months of use, my skin looked like I had never suffered from eczema in my lifetime, To this day, doctors are still puzzled when looking at my rejuvenated skin that has now been eczema-free for close to 3 years.

All of this very recent information on the causes of Eczema and the pharmacological properties of SJW can be verified on several scientific research web sites. This does not mean that SJW can cure anyone yet, but that there is enough evidence to warrant more clinical research that may confirm that it can. I did not wait for such research to prove anything. I took my chances and I am now cured.

All the best!

• Posted

My daughter had eczema for a few years on her hands and around her mouth. I have tried lots of treatments (cortisone and others ointments prescribed by doctors). All this treatments were useful for a short period and after that the eczema reappeared and the previous treatment were no longer useful.

I have decided to prepare myself an ointment (I am chemist). She applied this ointment on her hands every night before going to sleep, and it is now under control. The skin is a little bit dry, but by applying this ointment things are under control. She depends on this ointment but is the most efficient treatment we have tried so far.

If you want, I could send you a sample and test it, you only have to pay for transportation.

You can trust that this ointment is made in safe conditions and contains natural ingredients. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.