eczema, emollients, and intimacy

Posted , 2 users are following.

There seems to be increasing tension between my partner and I due to the emollients I use for eczema. There is a lot of advice out there for people who experience a decreased desire for intimacy due to eczema, but what about when your partner has an aversion to greasiness of the emollients? I can't let my skin go dry, but I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

What cream are yo using?

Presently i am using ZeroDerm and find it does not have much of an odour.

• Edited

Thanks for the response. I am using Epaderm and Cetraben. Maybe I should try ZeroDerm. But I also partly feel like the problem and he should just accept that my skin (and therefore his skin) will be greasy. His issue is with the greasiness, not the odor. Sad to see how harmful my efforts to stay healthy can be for our relationship....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.