Eczema for the last 6 years. Need help.
I hope everyone is having a great day. My girlfriend has been struggling with Eczema for the last 7 years, and after visting multiple doctors, dermatologists, allergists, and natruopaths, we've really run out of ideas. Any help or insight into the issues she's having will be extremely helpful.
- 7 years ago, my girlfriend had Eczema on her forehead/corner of the eye to which she was given Hydrocortisone which she used for 3 years.
- The Eczema returned on her neck, no more than 3 x 3 cm, and she was given Protopic 0.03%, which she used for 4 years.
- She has also tried Fucidin.
- All creams didn't really work. She's gone cold turkey on these creams.
- She's gone and seen a naturopath, who has given her a tissue repair cream made of Mallow and Confrey, and a Quercetin for allergies.
- All while this has happened she has been suffering from IBS and GERD, as such, she's made a huge lifestyle change, and since January 2017 she is:
- She is now Gluten Free
- She is Dairy Free
- She eats low fod map foods
- She takes probiotics, omega, gaba, vitamin B, and a magnesium citrate.
- She quit birth control pills (which she was previously on for the last 5 years).
- She stopped wearing nail polish, wool clothes, and neck scarves.
The issue here is that the Eczema on her neck is actually bigger now, it's now taking half of her neck and is coming up to her jawline and behind her ear, and the ITCH is unbearable which causes her sleep issues. So the cold turkey is making it worse, and nothing is helping her.
To give additional clarification.
- her stomach and digestion issues seem to be better since she's made her diet overhaul.
- She's alergic to dust mite and hay fever.
- She did not have asthma or allergies as a childe
- She is prone to serious PMS pains.
- She says tumeric and warm milk seems to help stop the itch.
If anyone has any guidance or help on what's going on, please please let us know. We've gone to many health care professionals, and no one really knows the answer. Much appreicated.