Eczema on Hands- Has Anyone Cured It?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys! I've always dealt with eczema, almost exclusively on my hands. It used to be so bad that my hands would crack and bleed and ooze on BOTH sides (front and back). I quit dairy and some other food triggers and my eczema is SO much better however it is still bad.

I have to wear cotton gloves pretty much all the time which is SO embarrassing. If I don't, my hands get really bad and painful.

I use shea butter on a daily basis, coconut oil sometimes and have recently started using Coal Tar Oil as well as Gold Bond for eczema, I am almost always moisturizing and wearing these gloves. When I went to FLorida for two weeks I noticed an improvement. I live in Canada and I find it does get worse in winter but I do usually have it year round.

My doctor prescribed steroids but I went on them years ago and they really thinned my skin and I prefer not to go on them if I can.

My diet is super clean, there's nothing further I can do on that front.

Has anyone been able to cure the eczema on their hands? One doctor believed it could be psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis (I had rheumatoid arthritis which can often be mistaken for psoriatic arthritis)

Any advice is MUCH appreciated! I Will try anything.

Now that it is getting warmer out, it is becoming very awkward to wear my gloves in public but I need to if I am going to be touching anything or my eczema flares and really hurts. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

i too have tried all creams, potions and lotions from wet bandages. I wear white gloves for cleaning etc. I am under the hospital and have tried light treatment and other things nothing worked. I am on tablets for I take once a week and so far it has helped. My hands were in a terrible state I tried every thing going. I have tried herbal remedies nothing work, but there is a lotion just come out in the uk called CHILDS FARM  it is very good. It was used for babies but anyone can use it.

hope it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.