eczema on penile head treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

Everyone i was diagonesd with eczema on penile head and i was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

I'm uncircumcised and was wondering if a circumcision would help me with this problem i tried to look it up but i couldn't find much information than balanitis and circumcision linked that it could relief symptoms and possible cure balanitis?

Hopefully someone could help here 😃

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

if it is eczema I doubt circumcision would help. what were you prescribed? try and moisturize often. hydrocortisone will help bring down the redness. and irritation.

• Posted

Hi.

Thanks for the answer, i got told to use vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) to treat it and use it before bed to restore the fat layer in the skin and not use hydrocotisone since it would thin the penile head skin and could lead to more damage.

Just got told by the doctor that circumcision could help but it wasn't certain more like a 70% to help and 30% to not do anything.

• Posted

yes hydrocortisone may thin the skin but if used excessively. it is not meant to be an every day thing. it is used to bring down the irritation and redness and inflammation. would you mind posting a picture of the eczema?

• Posted

When were you diagnosed? Have you only ever used vaseline to try to treat this? Who diagnosed what they said is eczema? Have you seen a Dermatologist about this?

You need to be very wary, as even Doctors can be confused about the different skin conditions that effect the penis! What you may actually have may be a form of a Balanitis - you need to be 100% sure of the actual skin condition that you have, not one Doctor's educated guess, if this is all you have had?

So, is the vaseline helping at all?

When you say: " and not use hydrocotisone since it would thin the penile head skin and could lead to more damage " sounds too much like you are being steered away from the possibility of any other condition being present.

What you need to be really cautious about is this: often the likely scenario plays out like this - the Doc tries you on some treatment, and they have already raised the possibility that circumcision is required, you treat one condition and other possibilities are wrongly excluded. because nothing has changed and you still have the same thing as when you first complained about it, it would then seem that circumcision is actually the right answer.

I may be wrong, but this so often occurs, a circumcision is carried out, but, nothing mush really changes. That is you still have the original complaint to some degree or another - but you then also have the disadvantages of not having a foreskin and possibly, post-operative issues you would not have had otherwise ...

Second or third opinions come to mind - particularly if a Dermatologist has not actually examined your penis .......

• Posted

Hi (Forgot the PW to my original account)

Thanks for the reply appriciate it.

i been by 2 Dermatologist and 1 said he couldn't find the course of it and the other said it was a form of eczema or it could be a cause of overwashing the penis that it get irratated from that.

After that i went by my own Doctor and is now sending me to a urology doctor for a validation if circumcision is needed, in the mean time i have to try to use vaseline for 1-2 week 1-2 times a day and not washing the penis everyday as of now i see small improvements but its only been 2 days, but what if i stop will the problems just come back i haven't figured that out yet but i will update if i know more.

Hopefully you can come back with some feedback 😃

• Posted

Stay away from any suggestions of circumcision - once it has gone you can't get it back!!! Honestly, many Doctors are simply giving other Doctors higher up the 'food chain' a source of continued income, it is a process that feeds on itself - ask any Senior Hospital Administrator (yes, I am talking Private AND NHS Sectors!) an empty or half-full hospital is no good for them, if you can find one that would give a honest answer, that is!

So, yes, you could try the vaseline for a couple of weeks. But, I would tend to go with the Dermatologist who suggested it was a form of eczema, but it is still possible you have a form of enduring Balanitis - as even experts such as Urologists and Dermatologists cannot tell them apart. So, the vaseline would not help if you actually have either of these conditions.

If you can go back to the Dermatologist who suggested eczema, ask whether it is possible whether you have one of the Penile forms of Balanitis, and to prove whether you have this or not, a Biopsy would need to be carried out. I have had a Penile Biopsy which subsequently proved I have an incurable form of Balanitis - they are only of minor irritation and the skin recovers in 2 or 3 days. I would suggest this is the best option .....

If you want further advice on here try taking some photos, and if you can capture a few images that clearly show the issue you have then post them on here .....

• Posted

Hello there, I have good news regard the penile eczema. Be assured that you are not person diagnosed with the symptom. I am treated about 45 people and treatment with a success rate if 83%. lot of factors are taken into consideration but result speaks for itself that it is controllable and also curable.

I m located in New Zealand. my treatment plan as been adopted by patients around the world. i am able to provide a treatment plan fir you at anytime. there is one charge if $69 NZD. this charge us for a special ointment which we will post to you as we begin the treatment.

please reply me here with your thoughts

kind regards

Dr.Khan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.