Eczema or bite like skin eruptions anyone???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I live in south Africa we have lots of mosquitoes.. Originally thought it was mozzy bites but I'm starting to think these bite like things on my skin may be from Lexapro.. Recently switched from Zoloft... Anyone have skin issues FROM AD?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meg...

Skin complaints have been noted for so many AD's. Cymbalta is a always causing this in people, but before you stop taking them, you need to rule out the other possibilities - allergies, reactions - have you started eating anything different, washing liquid, detergent etc etc.

But this should convince you that Lexapro can do just what you are saying;

https://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/lexapro-cipralex-reaction-742466/

Matt

• Posted

Hi Matt

thanks so much. its been about 7 days now since i started on a 10mg dose and am now completely off the sertraline...got bad tummy issues and nausea with skin itching but it actually seems better now...but mentally, no change........10mg is the equivalent dose to what i was taking of sertraline, when do you think i should start to feel a difference?

• Posted

Hi Meg,

7 days is not long enough to see any difference - some are fortunate to notice initial changes during the 3rd week, whilst other can expect to wait up to 10-12 weeks. If you find that the side effects are tolerable on this one, then my advice is just to stay put and wait for the results. I doubt you will have much of a withdrawal reaction to the sertraline after the first 7 days as you weren't taking it that long.

• Posted

Hey, I have been taking and stopping AD's since I was 16,17 now in my 30s . I tried couple of them Celexa,Prozac and now I'm on Lexapro. They all gave me very sensitive skin,sweating, oily skin, red marks on stomach, acne on face and back and cystic acne . As I increase the dosage my skin gets worse but it dose get a little better after used to it but it's still there acne and everything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.