Eczema or something else

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, 

I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it. I have such "thing" next to my knee (attached). I thought that it was eczema, so I tried to cure it by putting topical steroids on it. The problem is that after a course of topical steroids this "thing" gones, hovewer after ~ one week it emerges again and again.. Moreover, I had a skin biopsy, hovewer it didn't show anything direct (it can be from the scabies to dermatitis). My dermatologist says that I should try permethrin, as the result of skin biopsy isn't clear. I also went for a patch test, hovewer it was negative.

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Very difficult to tell....surprised even your dermatologist does not know. 

Do you have any itching there? 

• Posted

Well, not always, but it itches a bit..I feel a strange pain of skin than itching more often... And there has been only one patch of "eczema", hovewer after some time two more patches emerged... As I said, after applying corticosteroids it gets dry, but not dissapear - still the mark of "eczema" stays. And when I stop using corticosteroids "eczema" refreshes...

• Posted

I made two more pictures to show you the more detailed view of this.I hope these photos will be more informative to you. Maybe you have any prediction? I would be very thankful even for any guess because I don't have any thoughts anymore. And i am very sick and tired of this because it lasts two or more years... Thank you in advance!

• Posted

Is there any pus, loss of sensation or loss of hair?

• Posted

Yes, I have all your mentioned symptoms there...
    • Posted

I also would like to point out that before this disease, I had an ACL surgery on the same leg twice. Maybe its related to this because it happens in the area of the scars left by the surgeons. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.