Eczema/psoriasis all over

Posted , 4 users are following.

All through my life I have been known for my gorgeous skin. Now, as an oap, my skin seemed to change overnight and I have eczema flaking in my ears, up my nose and over my scalp. Psoriasis also in my private parts. My GP has prescribed all kinds of different treatments for different parts of my body ranging from shampoo to steroid creams and vitamin D. It is so embarrassing, I keep dropping bits when I am out and about and itching and needing to scratch. It awakes me at night and there is often blood on my bedding so I must be scratching throughout the night.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear this Nevie, I also had lovely skin , but sensitive and always took care . But since menopause it has drastically changed .

I also have dry itchy skin in my ears and scaly patches all over my body . I use Aveeno wash and cream and a mild steroid cream . I do find this helps . Did your GP advise how to use or mention at all

you must be so uncomfortable .

You say you have Psoriasis in your private parts ? I thought that and have Linchen Scelrosis an auto immune disease . I hope you get some relief soon x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your helpful and sympathetic response to my problem of skin complaints. I might try Aveeno. I have a strong steroid cream for my girlie bits. My GP is good at advising and at present are more concerned with stopping my scalp from getting worse. Isn`t life ironic sometimes, for years I could not afford to look after myself properly or have any treats and now I am a pensioner I have started treating myself to nice hairstyles only to have the scalp infection make some of my now glamourous hair drop out! It is nothing to do with the hairdressers or products I have had it all checked out and it definitely is because I have all over skin problems. I sometimes fantasise a fairer world where we all work one year and then have one year off and go on until we die...this would be much better because we could all enjoy ourselves while young!

• Posted

Hi Nevie,

I would suggest to change all the products you wash/ shower with. The products you wash your hair with, the chemicals from that will run down over your body. For myself I use Moo Goo, I use there shampoo, conditioner, moisturisers, makeup, pretty much the whole range. I find the Moo Goo Udder cream moisturiser feels nice on irritated skin. Moo Goo also have a scalp cream . The products are reasonably priced. I hope your skin complaints clears up soon and that you feel better!

• Posted

Thank you. I have never heard of Moo Goo and will look for it.

• Posted

Hi Nevie,

It is an Australian company, it does stock in shops in other parts of the world. You can buy on line or check the website if it is stocked in a shop in your area. The website is www.moogoo.com.au

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.