Eczema - safe methods of treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! For the last 2 years, I have had a severe aggravation of eczema. Nothing really helps. Is there any effective method reducing the symptoms?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Consult your doctor about UVB-lamp treatment The lamp will help you to control the disease during its aggravation. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I cured my excema in my early 20’s by a fluke. Since I was 7 years old I’d had eczema very bad on my hands and feet, especially my feet. One day while skiing I was so upset I went outside and stood in the snow barefoot. I stood there for about 25 minutes to a half hour and melted all the snow around my feet all the way to the ground! A normal person could never have lasted that long standing on what is vertically ice. It was the breakthrough I was looking for. The itching almost immediately stopped and in a matter of days (keeping my feet and hands cold) my excema went into remission. Since then anytime I have flareups I put my feet in ice, the itching instantly disappears and if I keep my feet cold and as dry as possible the eczema just goes away. I’ve told doctors this but no one takes me seriously. The problem is heat!!! Somehow the nerve stimulation creates heat which creates the blisters. The main places for my eczema is my hands and feet. Mostly my feet.

So my method to ‘cure’ my excema is to fill some Ziploc bags with water and freeze them and then hold onto them with your hands. You’ll be surprised how long you can hold the ice pack. If the excema is bad enough you’ll be able to melt the whole bag of ice. Put your feet in ice water. Put a towel next to the bucket and keep your feet as dry as possible once you've gotten them cold. “Keep” your feet and hands cold. As cold as you can take it at first. And then after your feet and hands have heeled you must keep your hands and feet cool for the rest of your life or it will return. And for heavens sake never ever scratch or rub your affected area! Scratching promotes the heat. It takes vigilance. You can’t let the tingle start or it can come back in a matter of minutes. When I get the sansation and the itchy feeling I don’t care where I am, I kick off my shoes and socks and wag my feet around to get them cooled off. Then I immediately head for an ice bucket as soon as possible. Heat is the enemy. Oily creams and lotions don’t help and trap the heat. Keep your hands and feet clean, dry and above all “cold!”  Eczema sucks! This is my cure. I’ve been excema free for 30 years. Just try it. You’ll see. 

• Posted

Yes, Saint-John's Wort: Topical (cream or oil) or oral (capsules or tablets). I cured my 20 year case of the disease with 600mg/day capsules, taken over a 5-6 month period. The symptoms were gone in 6 weeks, but the damaged skin took more time to heal completely. I have been disease-free for over 4 years now.

There can be interactions with a few prescription drugs and the SJW extract for oral use; but if you aren't taking any, there shouldn't be any issues. For more details, you may click on my profile and read my previous posts on the subject, or inquire further on the Web.

Good luck!

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.