Edema in my legs and feet for over 6 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to the primary doctor and he gave me a diuretic and said its the fibromyalgia. I ended up in ER for chest pains in February so I didn't know if it was some relation to the situation. I now got into the Rheumatologist on Friday and she says it has nothing to do with the Fibro. Any input anyone?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mmm a diuretic for Fibro...".thats news to me..I really believe it's just too easy for a doctor to flick things off as Fibro....when they know you have it...a Fibro educated dr is just sooo rare, 

I was rushed to hospital years ago...they thought I was having a heart attack too.(similar chest pains etc) that was the last symptom I had before my diagnoses of having Fibro...which took years of different symptoms all treated by the dr as seperate issues..when I was in hospital with what they thought was a heart attack originally..they called in the Rhumo, he looked at my history..touched a few pressure points..( ouch) and diagnosed Fibro and that was over 20 years ago...looks like nothing much has changed on the confusing front...be blessed Lucyred...hope things get brighter...:-) xx

• Posted

Thank you! This Fibro as my hernia doctor said that I saw today said is very frustrating to them because of the mystery. Everything happened 4 years ago after the hernia surgery. He checked me today again and said all is fine but doing a CT scan to confirm and rule out totally. Problem is I have been in so much pain in those areas. When I got home today from there bent over and it just took my breath away. All I fid was sweep the floor and vacuum the small rug under the dining table. CRAZY!! I'm on a journey for this disease!!
    • Posted

Yes Lucyred, it's caused by a traum or shock to the system..mine was a "shocking trauma" and to your other post my my right leg at the top-back goes numb too, when I sit down on certain chairs...grr ...O' the joys of Fibro..you certainly have to adjust your life around it, .thankfully, if you can and still have "quality"...be blessed..have a good day..:-) xx
  • Posted

look into q10 that is suppose to balance the fluid in our bodies amoungest other things , we all have it in our bodies but it starts to depleat after the age of 30 
    • Posted

Thank you! I am on a lot of supplements and will check my q10 amount. I am 60 so I'm sure that makes a difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.