Edema Issues and my remedy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have heard from so many who deal with edema, fluid build up which seems to hit mostly the feet/ankles. But I guess it can hit other areas too.

I've had it twice in my longlife....

Once from starting on a new BP med, it said one could get edema and I sure did with this one....

The other time was some months after hip surgery.

I got rid of the edema both times by upping my dose of Grape Seed Extract.

I've been taking Pycnogenol since 1995 when it hit the U.S. from France, it had already been in France for 40some yrs....so finally here in the U.S.At a health lecture on this antioxidant, we were told it MAY prevent cancer, that was music to my ears, so I got on it.

The FIRST things to go were my prior lifelong allergy/sinus problems....I took every otc med and went to allergist for probably a year with all his injections, etc......No Help, I was not getting better....

I was shocked and happily suprised at this turn of events. I have NOT taken a otc drug for allergy/sinus issues in 19 yrs next month.

So I've bought every book I could read about Pycnogenol and then grape seed extract and ONE issue it addresses is Edema....along with some 65 other health issues....

They are VERY similar in what they do, Pycnogenol is from Maritime pine bark, Grape Seed Ex from the SEEDS of grapes... Grape Seed is less expensive but I use both to keep my Immune System strong and healthy.

BTW: Many cancer research hospitals are using these antioxidants in their research labs.....

For me it's been a miracle supplement....

I'm not a doc but only share what has worked for me and my health.

OH: if one takes a drug blood thinner, then do NOT take these antioxidants, one or the other as these antioxidants work to keep blood thin and CLEAN from free radicals......

I had to GET OFF my grape seed ex 5 days before surgery, but went back on a couple days after......

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joy,

Yes you are so right I worked in vitamin dept at local health food store

called Sprouts . Antioxidants are the right way to go I forgot about grapeseed extract

I will pick some up . I miss working I had to go back on disability because my job is standing for long period of times bending, pulling, walking, etc.

Thanks for the reminder, as i suffer with swelling in myfeet and ankles

Jackie 

• Posted

Jackie, I know of Sprouts but we don't have one here in this area. I'm in So. Cal. and whole foods has the monoply here in my area but we have a coop health food store too....but I buy all my supps online to SAVE money, I use a lot of supps and very few drugs.Are you in the U.S.?

Grape Seed is almost everywhere, markets, drug stores, big box stores like Costco but some have soy fillers and I like to avoid soy ingredients......

• Posted

Hi Joy,

I live in San diego California we have whole foods too on line you can get better

deals . I will check online to see . I was taking butchersbroom which helps with fluid in the body . I will check grapeseed

Thanks again

Jackie

• Posted

Interesting that you worked in the vitamin world, after my forced retirement at 61 after 40some yrs of many jobs including some sales areas, I had to work more until medicare at 65, so I had thought about doing something I love, working in supplements....after reading "do what you love and the money will follow", the author talks about finding a place to work that you really ENJOY and love if that's possible.But I knew minimum wage was not what I needed I needed more money until 65.

I ended up in child care for about 4 yrs as I had "no boss" to tell me what to do, and I am very responsible with children. I made pretty good money as mothers with careers needed good help.

I had even thought of working for a Grape Seed Ex company, but that wasn't going to happen....

When one sells supps/vitamins, they can't push a vitamin they love so much, the company wants you to sell everything. That was a pipe dream, I love not working at all NOW.

So my retirement job/hobby is talking health. and what has helped me..

Good health is such a gift.

• Posted

Your information very interesting my aunt has been suffering from edema for 10 weeks which has just been diagnosed after week s of pain and fear of what's causing it will pass this information on to  her.......
  • Posted

Ps she also has had THR and is awaiting a date for other hip....

• Posted

I don't know how recent her replacement was, but could it be from the surgery? Or a med or or or....sometimes people never find out WHY..

Grape Seed Ex is not sold as an edema remedy per se, but it works on SO MUCH and you can throw edema into the mix of it all.

No guarantees but it Worked for me both times with the two bouts of edema I experienced.....j

I've said forever, if everyone supplemented with this antioxidant we would all be so healthier....not a lot of need for docs and drugs.....

Don't forget if one is a blood thinner then they should NOT take grape seed....some of my older friends asked their paramacists if it's OK for them to take, always YES.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.