Edge Glare & Positive Dysphotopsia - My Special Glasses

Posted , 7 users are following.

All,

I wanted to share with you a pair of glasses I recently purchased that help prevent edge glare & positive dysphotopsias from indoor lights above the head. These are actually foam-lined safety glasses (Titmus SW 06-SWRx Collection) and I bought them online with my prescription. I also added a black sticker on each side to help reduce reflections even more! Check out the photos below & let me know what you think;

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

but do they work?

• Posted

So far so good! It reduces my issues quite significantly. I'll probably only wear these though when I'm driving at night or in a lighting situation that is particularly uncomfortable. Lucky for me my office has diffused lighting in the ceiling so I don't have too many issues there.

• Posted

Can you clarify how the glasses reduce glare, and what circumstances?

For instance, when wearing the glasses, if you look at a ceiling light in the office (behind opaque plastic usually) is there a glow around the edges of the light?

And if you look at white text on black background on a screen, do the glasses reduce that glare?

• Edited

The glasses only help to prevent peripheral light rays from striking my eye. The glasses don't reduce halos or help with anything that happens when you're looking directly at something (like white text on dark background). My issue with edge glare & PD is from light sources above my head or light sources to the side that I'm not directly looking at. Whenever a light is shining above my head and I'm looking forward at something else, I get a terrible reflection in my vision (see photo simulation below). I call it PD but its really more of an internal reflection problem off the IOL (I have an acrylic multifocal lens which is more prone to this issue) image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.