EDOF light-adjustable lens is LAL Plus

Posted , 2 users are following.

The name for the new EDOF light-adjustable lens is LAL Plus. Apparently official info on this lens has been out since Novemeber.

If you google this string, you will find the transcript with some good authorative nformation.

"RxSight, Inc. (NASDAQ:RXST) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 12, 2023"

Also during the AAO meeting, preliminary Phase I clinical study results were reported on a new member of the Light Adjustable Lens family called the LAL Plus.

Approved by the FDA earlier this year, this new lens has a proprietary optical design that further extends the depth of focus before light treatments, but with the same ability to customize and deliver high-quality vision as the LAL. We believe this combination of quality and expanded range will be very attractive to premium Iowa surgeons and their patients, particularly to those who favor distance dominant vision in both eyes and might be considering an alternative such as multifocal lens that can be associated with reduced quality of vision. We will be expanding our ongoing Phase IV LAL clinical study to generate more real-world data while continuing a controlled commercial launch for the LAL Plus in the first half of 2024. Surgeons and practices already familiar with the LAL can seamlessly add the LAL Plus to their premium practice as there are no differences in the surgical procedure or post-op adjustment process.

Yesterday, I posted a link to a video that discussed LAL Plus, but not in a technical way. It is currently waiting for moderation. I am not putting a link into this one.

I wanted to note that julie66167 has been our source for information on the LAL Plus. Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

"We believe this combination of quality and expanded range will be very attractive to premium Iowa surgeons and their patients, particularly to those who favor distance dominant vision in both eyes and might be considering an alternative such as multifocal lens that can be associated with reduced quality of vision."

Sounds like a marketing piece.

If I liked the concept of the basic LAL, with a little more range, I would use the newer +.

• Edited

I did not understand "Iowa" in this context. I suspect that is a typo by speech-to-text software.

This was the post-earnings conference call, so it it is by company officers. I don't have a problem with marketing, unless you consider marketing to imply misrepresentation. I expect it to have a pro-company slant while speaking truth as they know it.

In the whole transcript they talk about their new LDD (Light Delivery Device). What was not clear to me is if the new LDD would be needed, or if the older device could be used with LAL Plus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.