Edoxaban

Posted , 4 users are following.

is anyone on this tablet? What side effects do you get? I have recently changed to this tablet and I have woken up today with pins and needles at the top of my head. Then the right side of my face was numb then my shoulder. It is not as bad now, but it was worse than any tingling I had on rivaroxaban. Is that something I need to contact my doctor about or just a side effect?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes I was on Savaysa (Edoxaban). I recently got off of it. I tolerated it better than the other ones, but it was still giving me stomach issues and brain fog, so I didn't stay on it. But if I ever had to take one, this would be it.

• Posted

When you say stomach issues do you mean indigestion? I have got it really bad. Also IBS. Is the first couple of weeks worse and then it calms down? Or did you have side effects bad the whole time?
    • Posted

Stomach pain and loose stools (along with the light headed feeling). The whole time. They took me from the 60mg down to 30, then 15mg, but the side effects didn't go away. It was better than the side effects I had on Xarelto and Eliquis, but I still couldn't live like that. I'm going to the Dr tomorrow and ask about trying Coumadin.

• Posted

Did you get numbness or pins and needles sensation in your face, neck or arm? Are you on blood thinners for life now? 

I am thinking about having natural blood thinners because I was told 6-9 months on anticoagulants and 6 months is up now. I had the least side effects with injections, but I was so bruised after a while, I had nowhere left to inject without causing heamatomas. 

• Posted

I got pins and needles sensation in my head for about a week, but that went away. I am currently on natural blood thinners (not sure if they do anything or not) but I would like to be on an anticuagulant if I could tolerate one, just to be safe.
    • Posted

Have your clots cleared up? How did you get them? 

I am sure mine started with a contraceptive pill I was on for ages, I did also used to smoke a while back, which probably contributed. If I don’t smoke again or take any contraceptive pills or HRT when I go through the menopause and exercise and take natural blood thinners, do you think I would be ok? I know my clots dissolved a couple of weeks after being on blood thinners because I had another CT. 

I would get D-dimers regularly and take it from there. I have had enough of blood thinners, I want to go back to living a normal life, which I haven’t been able to for ages. 

• Posted

My clots cleared up about a month after I was treated, that was about a year and a half ago. I was sick with bronchitis then pneumonia, then got the PE. I don't want to be on thinners, but our risk of getting another one is higher no matter what the reason. It's impossible to predict a clot, but I understand not wanting to be on the thinners, they make me feel awful as well. I was getting monthly d-dimers, but the Dr did not like that. Some were high, and some were low, and ultimately didn't tell us anything.

• Posted

I am going to risk it and if the clots come back, I will take medication then, mine were only small ones and I didn’t have the healthiest lifestyle if I am honest. So if I change my lifestyle and I have the best reason to, I think I should be ok, particularly as I only got the symptoms after taking my contraceptive pill for the last time that had that as a side effect. I am definitely not smoking again and if someone else is, I am going to get out of their way. I have already cut down my alcohol and I am eating healthier. I am introducing exercise to my lifestyle although I still get a bit breathless with that. I am going to take oil of evening primrose and starflower oil and multivitamins and minerals. Can you recommend any other natural blood thinners and any other tips?
    • Posted

Moon,

I know I have mentioned this before but, drink a lot of water, I am taking bromelain which is a natural antiplatelet along with a garlic capsule, ground flaxseed, put olive oil on my food. Natokkinase is a natural clot buster.

• Posted

The problem with the natural stuff, is that we don't know if it's really working or not. That being said, I take bromelain, nattokinase, grape seed extract, turmeric, omega-3, and a baby aspirin at different times throughout the day. And I cross my fingers 🙂

• Posted

Thanks for all that, do you get any side effects from the natural medications? Is there anything I have to avoid like sunlight or sunbeds? Can I take non steroidal tablets with natural blood thinners if I need to? 
    • Posted

I don't get any side effects from them. I go on normally. I don't avoid anything and take anything I need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.