Eesa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there was wondering if anyone can help me.? Can anyone tell me what EESA is??? Ive been recieving it from june and my doctor send the medical assesment place letters etc with whats wrong with me i got a letter sent out saying i had to go to the assesment so inwent on friday just thete... im more wanting to know what EESA is thanks x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I presume you mean ESA and not EESA?  If so this stands for Employment and Support Allowance and is the benefit you claim if you are unable to work through illness.  The assessment you went to is standard procedure to be able to keep claiming the benefit.  If you do then no problem but if you don't then you have to either appeal or sign on JSA to look for work instead.

I hope this is a bit clearer,

• Posted

EESA is just what they use for payments to banks. Hypercats explanation is correct. Good luck with the decision.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.