EF 46

Posted , 5 users are following.

My cardiologist recommends me starting on lisinopril at 20 mg daily. Does anyone know a proven natural alternative. Can you increase mild ventricular inefficiency due to heart attack 10 years ago such as exercise and diet.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Be careful if you already have documented damage to your heart. I would say listen to your doctor and meanwhile get yourself in as good a general health as possible There is a Marlene Merritt in Tx who runs a clinic, but also has recommendations to living healthy as it relates to BP and heart, ACE Inhibitors  have an action that you may just need. Listen to your doctor and don't be afraid of asking questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question.

• Posted

Thanks for response. I am in pretty good health. My original EF was 50 after heart attack and 2 stents. My last EF was still at 50. 5 years ago. Now at 46. Borderline. I just don't want to start med if I don't have to. Wrote prescription 2 weeks ago. My cardiologist called me on Sunday afternoon to see if I have started it. No I haven't. How bout Hawthorne tree extracts as natural alternative. I do want to" listen" to my doctor but sometimes I feel like they are only listening to the pharmaceuticals.

• Posted

I would listen to the doctor and take the 20 mg lisinopril while researching alternatives.  I am on 20 mg myself for BP issues and I have no side effects from that dosage 
  • Posted

harry70177., I totally agree with cathy35794. You have a history of a heart ailment; which isn't something to take lightly. You are under the supervision of a cardiologist, & I would suggest you follow whatever is suggested to you.

If you're on Rampiril, stay on it unless you experience side effects that are bothersome. If that's the case, then you report it to the doctor who can prescribe something else.Cathy is right is something else as well..the A.C.E. Inhibitor has an action that you may need. I don't know if you've experienced this or not, but a common side effect of A.C.E. Inhibitors is a hard dry cough. You may not experience this. In my personal experience, I know of 2 people who had to stop the A.C.E. because of the cough. I did not experience this.

I can't stress strongly enough that you follow your cardiologist's instructions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.