Effecive med for anxiety/depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have tried several and just cannot seem to tolerate side effects. SSRI, SNRI and lofepramine tricyclic  Best was mirtazapine which i couldnt get above low dose and it therefore couldnt work well.  Havent tried escitalopram or venlafaxine.  Not sure what to do as on warfarin.  Anyone got any assistance out there.  Anyone else on warfarin and andi deps?

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It may be the class of medications you are on. I too, cannot tolerate SSRI'S, or SNRI'S. I tried them all. Zoloft, Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac, Lexaoro, Cymbalta, Lexapro, etc. Made me feel emotionally numb. Then I got hospitalized in 2005, for major depressive disorder and severe anxiety. They put me on Remeron 45mg. And Klonopin (benzodiazepine) 2mg twice a day for panic attacks and severe anxiety. The Remeron took me out of deepest, darkest depression I have ever had, I take it at bedtime along with 2mg of Klonopin and it stops the anxiety and racing thoughts and helps me sleep. Then I was able to find a good mental health clinic. The Psychiatrist added Wellbutrin 300 XL, which is not an SSRI, or SNRI. Busphar for anxiety (which is not addictive or habit forming like benzos). As well as Topamax for emotion regulation and Trazadone, a tricyclic (I think), a low dose to be taken on occasion for insomnia and break through anxiety. I hope this helps.

• Posted

For Anxiety I find Xanax brill but it can be very addictive so has to be used carefully, have tried hundreds of ssris etc.

Am currently on Valdoxan for depression, seems to help a bit

• Posted

Seems valdoxan is not approved here my dr told me.  I would like to try it. Are. You in uk?
    • Posted

I am based in Ireland. Its quiet an unusal drug as you have to get your bloods tested every few weeks after starting it as it can interfere with peoples livers
  • Posted

I wish I could get some kind of meds. I can't sleep my anxiety is so bad I just can't get help with meds .I have a doc appointment on the 19 with a new doc I hope finally get some help for anxiety sleep and depression I have a hard time explaning what is wrong with me I just don't know how to put it into words any advice for me I need to learn how to express my feelings and emotion a shrink told me I have a personality disorder that I was emotionless I find it hard to show my feeling to a stranger on the first day so I get no help when it comes to meds I have sleeping disorder so bad I'm always so tired I can't think right sleeping pills would help out so much I need advice please help me

• Posted

I recently got allergy tablets called Piriton (Chlorphenamaine Maleate) 4mg that have helped me with sleep as I couldn't get the Stilnoct sleeping tablets anymore

• Posted

Are they over the counter pills if so I will give them try

• Posted

I love Ireland I think your guys accent is so sexy sorry off topic I can't help when I read Ireland is that where you are sorry I know its personal but need to know

• Posted

I just been to dr, feeling depression coming on as winter is coming, and unde rstress.

?started Lexapro 5mg. haven't taken them before , as I wwas afraid of feeling zombie and having no emotions , etc

doctor said take for 3 weeks every day and by then I will feel better , they will cure me

?gave me so much hope , I wish they do.

• Posted

Have u tried SSRE ?

There's only one kind of SSRE you can google it. It is not as strong as SSRI and doesnt have any side effects.

• Posted

Read up about this now.  Do you think it is available on prescription? Sounds worth a shot.
    • Posted

I dont know because I do not live in uk. But it was prescribed to me by a private psychiatrist in my area. When I switched to government hospital, they did not have this ssre and so I chanhed to ssri.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.