Effective pain relief

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had extremely effective and immediate pain relief (within a few hours) through an innovative off-label use of metronidazole suppositories (Flagyl, for the vagina!) prescribed by a good proctology institute in Paris. This is actually an antibiotic but it is very important to note that this treatment is NOT for infected anal fissures. It seems to work via dramatic relief of inflammation in the bowels. The doctor prescribed one a night for 10 days.

It was astonishingly effective for pain relief and progress with healing, but it is not a miracle cure. I still am dealing with occasional blood and soreness 4 months after doing this treatment - as is normal for anyone with an anal fissure.

It gave me the runs bad, but the surprising thing was, after day two I basically saw no more blood despite pooing constantly all day (like 5-7 times a day). You also have to be very careful about drinking alcohol while on it (I had a terrible and frightening interaction experience which could've been avoided by reading the pamphlet).

All this said, I credit this treatment with giving me back my life in terms of pain relief. Now my problems are mental, which will be the subject of another thread!

On another forum (now apparently offline) I recently posted about this. I would be interested to find out if others find relief through this. If you can find a doctor willing to prescribe it.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.