Effective Treatment - Diet & Lifestyle

Posted , 6 users are following.

Coming from an intelligent student who has suffered from HS since being 13 years old, I have found an effective way of inducing remission in myself.

Some background; I am hurley stage 2 and suffer from HS in multiple areas. I have never achieved remission before whilst taking various antibiotics and accutane etc. However, many - myself included - believe HS to be an autoimmune condition. I have suffered with bad acne, allergies, asthma and eczema previously. Autoimmunity cannot be cured but can be effetively treated. 

Adhering to a strict autoimmune diet (google it) should induce remission in HS patients after a period of roughly 1 or 2 months, depending on severity.

Other possible solutions include:

-Testing for food allergies/sensitivities. (ask your doctor)

-alkalizing body PH levels, using lemon water/raisins etc

-avoiding specific food groups (gluten, dairy, nightshades, sugar)

-reducing stress through low intensity excersise.

-topical clindamycin appears to help.

-rifampicin and clindamycin antibiotics are effective short term.

-Supplementing with vitamin D, Zinc, Omega 3 oils, 

-anti-histamines may be effective, i.e loratadine, quercetin.

-losing weight (never been a problem for me) 

-hormone treatment (im a man, so not really relevant)

-hibiscrub, others report success

-tumeric, only effective when ingested with black pepper and fat i.e. butter.

-testing for heavy metal toxicity

-treating leaky gut (google it)

I would strongly advise looking into all of these solutions, I have spent many many hours researching the effectiveness and plausibility of these treatments and I'm convinced that the treatment for your HS is one of the above. 

I am now completely in remission and would give up anything to keep it this way. Dont lose faith, there is always a solution.

4 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ive given up smoking, part of the deadly nightshade family.  im hoping removing this toxic combination on its own will not require me to give up foods in the same family... heres hoping.   Very good advice, i take canabis oil too (the legal oil lol) 
    • Posted

Hi, was just wondering how effective you think the canabis oil is? Is that topical or ingested?
    • Posted

Ive only been taking it for about a week and Holland and Barrett believe it or not sell it.  I got the organic one.   it has omega 3 and 6 (essential fatty acids) in,  plus PCBs (I think that is the substance) which is an anti-inflammatory substance that the medicinal cannabis has most of but little of the THC mind altering stuff.  That is why they are allowed to sell it.  It has to have under a certain amount of THc in in order to be able to sell it.  Apparently,  it is having some success in treating cancer as well as MS.  
    • Posted

Hi, sorry I didnt mention that you can injest it with a pipette.  Its usually bulked up with olive oil, i just take it as it is but you can add it to smoothies etc if you prefer, but cant be sure, probably best to ask in Hollandn and barrett for more advice.
  • Posted

Can't agree with this more. I too have received remission after having HS since I was 15. I'm now 21 and have spent so many hours researching this disease, trying new products, changing my lifestyle and have just completed my university research project on it. I really do believe it can be put in remission by the things you have suggested. All of them should be of some benefit!

For me it was weight loss and complete lifestyle change. 4/5 days a week at the gym and responsible eating. Yes it will take time and exercise can be painful when fairing but once you get going the adrenaline kicks in and the pain diminishes. It took me two years with steady weight loss (too many people want results so quickly and when they don't get them in a few months go back to old routine) but I got there and I feel so much better.

Like Tom said please don't loose hope. Most of the stories on this disease can be disheartening to hear. Especially to those newly diagnosed but making lifelong commitments to change and your health can really improve things. I'm so much happier now. And even though I have scars they fade more and more every year but also remind me that I have beat this disease.

But please remember it can take time for some people. If you're trying a new treatment be it healthy eating or zinc etc it can take time to see results.

Also if any women suffer from it under breasts (the main area I got it) ditch those underwires and get some soft bras (available at asda for £6). I can't be without them now and I believe this has been another factor for my remission!

• Posted

I too found remission! I cut nightshades and peanuts. My dermatologist agrees that HS is autoimmune. Before my HS developed, I had really bad canker sores in my mouth and throat. I stopped eating peanuts and they went away but then the HS started.

For 10 years, I suffered with HS and tried every cure : antibiotics, creams, steroids, autoimmune suppressing drugs, turmeric pills, laser hair removal and surgery. The day I cut nightshades, the 5 cysts I had started going down that day. I was astounded. I kept a little bit of inflammation for the first month because I didn't realize shredded cheese was coated in potato starch! Once I started shredding my own cheese, I found remission!

If I accidentally eat a nightshade or something with peanuts, I develop a cyst within a few hours. This has happened a couple of times after eating out. I have to research a restaurant thoroughly and call ahead to ask questions.

Thank you for your opinion and research! It will change lives!

• Posted

Thanks so much for your post...very enlightening and helpful!!!...smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.