Effective zopiclone withdrawal and hope

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have been reading through some of the discussions, and it sounds like a lot of you are really struggling with zopiclone withdrawal. I have struggled with that before too a lot from benzo withdrawal, and I was on it for over ten years on the highest dose, and it was terrible with the effect it gave causing me to be drunk and hungover every day for all that time, even though I do not like alcohol and have never been drunk before. I ended up saying things under it's influence I would never normally say - it was awful. But, I want to give you hope because after arguing my case for a very long time a psychiatrist reduced it very slowly over three to four years, and I had next to no withdrawal effects that way and now am completely off it, and the changes it has made are significant. I can now get up early in the morning unlike before, and I am no longer drunk and hungover with it's effects. I also no longer have an addiction.

I would encourage you to not give up hope, get an advocate and keep arguing your case with the psychiatrists emphasizing that you need to come off it very slowly because of it's withdrawal effects, and they should listen. I am very saddened to hear of your struggles, and it must be so much worse during a pandemic. Be kind to yourselves and practice self-care - it is hard to do but so important for recovering from and dealing with traumas such as this. I find making sure I am eating properly, staying in a set routine, practicing self-care with things like writing in my journal, praying, reading my bible, and other books, listening to music, and things like watering plants helps me stay grounded. I have Complex PTSD as well as several other conditions, but there is always hope for change. Hope these suggestions are helpful. Take care.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.