Effervescent tramadol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Are these the same as the capsules both 50 mg

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have never heard of effervescent tramadol 

But if they are 50 mg I should imagine they are the same 

I have been tramadol free for 15 days now it's taken me 9 months to ween myself off of these pills

After being on 8 a day for 4 years

I would not take them again ever

I am feeling better by the day

I am still in pain with my arm 

But I take paracetamol when needed 

I can't believe how much better I feel 

They make you so ill trying to come off them the withdrawals are horrendous 

But I persevered and it's a great feeling 

• Posted

On them a year down to 50 mg per day I know it's very hard and my doctor hasn't a clue asked in my local chemist for the liquid suspension told me not available in Ireland where I live but suggested the effervescent,next stop doctor to get a prescription as I will be able to cut the tab into quarters hopefully will work as I would love to be my old self even with pain double si joint disfunction and 3 bulging discs.Thank for answering my questions best of luck😃

• Posted

Hello Lorraine,

I have been on Tramadol for years now,tried to come off then two years ago by cutting down from three a day to two for a few months then slpit the second in half, that was ok, then took just one a day.

I could not sleep for restless legs and whole body movements,at first i wondered what was wrong with me,then realized it was the Tramadol ,after two weeks of this i started taking the second capsule again and the restless feeling stopped,

I am still on two a day.

What method did you use to ween yourself off 

.regards

Andrew

• Posted

Hi

It took me 9 months to ween myself off of tramadol 

I did it really slowly and I must admit it's been over 2 weeks since I took my last one

I just cut one out every 4/6 weeks and when I was in the last one a day that took me a awhile 

To come off

As I was frightened of the withdrawals 

But I think if you really want to stop them

You will in the end

I feel so different as the days are going on stronger by the day

I am still in sevre pain but I just take paracetamol when needed 

It's hard to explain how hard it is to come off those pain killers 

Unless you have been on them it's hard to understand 

I wish you luck just take it slowly 

And you will know when the times right

• Posted

I live in the States . You would be amazed of how few physicians were unaware of the addictive nature of tramadol . My Family Dr. prescribed tramadol in place of OxyCodone because they thought the oxycodones were MORE addictive . I went to an orthopedic Surgeon who allowed me to stay on them because i feared the tramadol was way more addictive after reading all the horror stories in this patient sight .

I have been taking oxycodone 7.5 mg. 325 acetaminophen for 4 years and managed to control my usage  and once in a while stop taking them to allow my body to be receptive to the meds . Yes it is painful when my back starts to act up and yes my back starts to spasm and have aching pain but it is worth it when i go back on my regimen for a few months also i have started taking Naproxen 500mg half in the AM half in the PM . So if you are worried about the pain factor consult your Physician . You may want to start on the naproxen first . i have seen really good results with it . And you dont want more then what is prescribed it will cook your liver .Good luck friends in pain on the other side of the pond . 

Caz  

• Posted

Hi glad to hear you refused the tramadol I was given it whilst in hospital as an inpatient and knew no better, naproxen don't work as well as vimovo take 1 a day,am going to try the effervescent tramadol to come off everything I will just have to handle the pain ,my partner is very good and helps a lot I do find the odd 5 mg of valium assists too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.