Effexor 4 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there just looking for some feedback. I suffer from depression and anxiety. I was on Prozac for over 10 years with great success when it stopped working about a year ago. Since then I've tried sertraline and lexapro with no luck. Recently I took effexor 37.5mg for 1 week before increasing to 75mg for these last three weeks. This last week I started having some pretty depressed days and some nightmares where I wake with a rapid heartbeat. Then last night I had a really vivid nightmare again and woke up feeling very strange almost like I was stuck still dreaming. The whole day now I've been super anxious and crying all day. I called my boss and took some time off. I contemplated going to the hospital. Calling my psychiatrist tomorrow cuz today is Sunday. I want off this med. Do you think I can just stop it after 4 weeks? I dont want wds but already feel awful. Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi sam, i would take advice from your doctor 4 weeks isnt long, maybe you can taper in a week, or go back to previous dose, and get the doctor to cross taper you to another ssri, escitolapram is very good. I have had that before, and there are others called citolapram, paroxetine, as well as other ssris. Best to ask your gp good luck from Rebecca.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.