Effexor

Posted , 5 users are following.

I want to thank everyone who has given me some ideas about Effexor. Nice to now there are people out and about who can help. My partner has agreed to start the withdrawal slowly at one tablet at a time and hopefully it doesn't take to long, but we will be doing it carefully and slowly. 

Another thing she asked was when do people generally take there medication 'morning or evening' she takes hers in the evening as it gives her a better nights sleep. Also to what extent does Effexor affect your Libido? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take mine in the morning and feel fine throughout the day.

Libido is usually effected by the medication and also depression itself. If your partner is coming off the Effexor, then this should resume. Good luck with the withdrawal 👍🏼

• Posted

I withdrew from Effexor over 10 months and did not get any withdrawals.  Must be done slowly.  I did stop abruptly once and got bad withdrawals.  No a nice feeling.  Reducing very gradually is the key to not getting withdrawals.

I was on 150mg daily for 9 years and took mine in the morning.  But it is up to the individual to take it when they feel it suits them best. 

It is 18  months since I stopped, and I am doing well. 

Hope your partner feels better soon.

• Posted

I take 150 mg venlafaxine in the evening and 75 mg first thing in the morning. Both the xl prolonged release version. Sometimes I forget the morning dose, but have no Ill effects - in fact I don't notice until I go to bed and find the tablet still sitting on the bedside table! As to libido effects, the only thing I've noticed is an interference in reaching orgasm ( I am female) but we manage! I hope that helps. Pixie
  • Posted

I am in the process of a slow reduction of venlafaxine and a switch to fluoxetine.  Keep all appointments and follow the reduction regimen instructions to the letter.  Be patient and come off the venlafaxine slowly.  In taking venlafaxine I had low libido but the anti anxiety and anti depressant effects made my life better while it worked.  It stopped working after ten years.  That's why I'm coming off it.  
  • Posted

Thanks for all your encouragement also thanks again for giving me some more ideas to my partner get of these bloody tablets. I will keep in touch on the progress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.