Effexor and Rhabomyolysis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, my primary wanted me to see a psych doctor for my depression meds so I made an appointment. I was on 300 mg of effexor and 100mg for over ten years.

It was no longer working. She immediately took me off both meds and startedme on 30 mg of cymbalta. A week later up to 60 mg.

I started having joint and bad muscle pain. I use to do cross fit type exercise not great at it but I could do it. Now I can barely walk up stairs. Constant pins and needles in hands and severely depressed. I went off cymbalta thinking that was the cause. It wasn't. My friend who is a nurse figured it out. Name above is what it is. So PC thinks I have muscle damage need blood work done. I thought I had Lyme I was so sick.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

100 mg of Wellbutrin I missed it
  • Posted

I'm so sorry you're going through this. One bit of advice I have is to stay diligent with your own advocacy. If you see a doctor who either shines you on or makes a diagnosis but your deep down gut tells you it's wrong, stay strong and seek another opinion. Many of us who just know something isn't right have had to see multiple doctors and get various opinions before really getting answers so be your own bead advocate and stay optimistic that a correct diagnosis is out there. It took me almost a year to get a psoriatic arthritis diagnosis once I started having excruciating back pain and fatigue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.