Effexor Cold Turkey off 150mg after 3 years. Day 6 & I’m back 💪🏼💁🏻‍♀️😁

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m not 100% but I’d say 90% today & it’s not been easy at all & i am far from being  a whimp. In fact it’s been one of the hardest things Iv done but Iv done it & im so happy I’m now 6 days ven free😁 

Day 3 & 4 nearly tipped me over the edge, but it didn’t 💁🏻??? 

I can tell you my story, but please remember everyone is differant. What effects me one way won’t necessarily do the same for someone else. 

Saying that, I have spoken to others that have done the same as me & have been ok too.

Research, research then research some more...... 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You shouldn't go cold turkey,not advisable at all

• Posted

So what would be the best way to get off this goddamn med, I couldn't go cold turkey as the side affects are too horrific, any other way I've tried failed too due to  bad effects, there must be a way surely?????

• Posted

I want off this devil drug too.  We'll get there, but to minimize side effects the best bet is to just go slow.

• Posted

The manufacturer of ven should be sued
    • Posted

My psychiatrist is having me to a Prozac bridge to titrate off the Effexor.   Then I will drop the Prozac which is much easier to withdraw from. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.