Effexor for hot flashes

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was given EFFEXOR to treat hot flashes. I

was only on it for 7 months. I began with the lowest dose and was at 300 mls. for a short time. I weaned myself back to 150 mls. The EFFEXOR did not work for the reason I was taking it so I was advised by my DOCTOR to wean off of it. I have been off the medication

for 3 weeks now. I feel like my brains are flying around in my head and constantly having bowel movements along with sleep issues.. Does anyone know what herb I can take to ease these type of symptoms?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

If it is of any help, I have read of some people taking Benedryl to cope with some of the withdrawal effects of Venlafaxine. It should help you sleep better too.

• Posted

Hi, try omega 3 as much as you can but no matter what DO NOT be tempted to go back to them. Hang on in there it will ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.