Effexor vrs. Generic by TEVA ? Problems come back.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took Effexor and now have changed to the Generic by TEVA it seemed to work but I have some returned symptoms. So I changed back and all went away. Then I was asked to try it again and it worked for months. Now I have the symptoms returning a month after a new refill. Could it be the Generic drug? Has anyone else had this problem.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't think it's because it's the generic drug. I'm always getting diff manufacturers with no symptoms. I would tell your doctor. Maybe you need an increase x
    • Posted

Thanks for your comments I appreciate your willingness to respond.  Eddie
  • Posted

If the TEVA ones were working ok I would agree as above it's probably best to have a review with your Dr.

One thing that springs to mind though is have you always used immediate or extended release? Just if they get that wrong that will cause problems.

I've always had Venlalic XL and when my Dr tried to swap me to another brand called Alventa XL capsules recently they made me sick to my stomach, made me feel ill for 4 hours or so after taking them and then depressed, anxious etc until the next dosing so he switched me back. Reading about them the extended release mechanisms are different and I am on 375mg a day so maybe I'm sensitive to the form of venlafaxine I take because of that. I don't have any problems with which make of generic my other meds are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.