Effexor xr 2 weeks when is this going to help!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on effexor xr 75mg for 2 weeks i have severe anxiety n some depression.. ssri s don't work for me.. I have been feeling like a guinea pig trying different meds dealing with side effects.. when am I gonna get some relief.. so frustrated have been dealing with this since november.. I'm starting to get really depressed bc these meds aren't working.. please any helpful advice about how long effexor xr helps panic n anxiety would be great!!! Thank u all. I'm on klonopin 1mg at night and .5mg in morning. Xanax .5mg prn.. please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi rene.

I have been on this med for about 5 years now.  I remember when I first started taking it - I didn't feel any better for about a month.  I am on the same dose as you.  I am also on many other meds as well for panic and depression.  I know this isn't very comforting but just give it time.  It's a good med.  XR is the way to go with this....slow steady dose in your system.

I've been on over 42 meds throughout the years to treat my condition.  Only now do I finally feel we've landed on the right cocktail of meds.  Perhaps you may also need something else added to your daily regime.  But do give it a good month before you go that route.

Best wishes from the USA

Linda

• Posted

Thank u so much makes me feel so much better.. I'm also on latuda a mood stabilizer
    • Posted

Did u get insomnia from this medication.. I have it really bad I wake up with panic attacks.. werid physical symptoms
  • Posted

If meds dont work consider therapy and changes in lifestyle

Stay strongconfused

• Posted

I just came across your thread, and was wondering how you are doing now? I'm at the two week Mark with my effexor and looking for hope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.