eGFR drop from 57 to 50 in 2 months...looking to learn about VLP Diet?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm new to the Forum ---

Cholesterol = 220, LDL=136, HDL 65, Creatinine 1.08 to 1.2 (in 2 months)

Sodium = 144, Potassium = 5.2, Calcium = 9.9, Protein = 7.1, Urine Protein = 30 (high)

Looking to see how people have increased their GFR? I have read about the Very Low Protein Diet that some people have had sucess with but am looking for additional information and recommendations. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

First think, you have to visit a good and experienced Nephrologist. Though your in CKD Stage-3, seems you are in the middle stage of Kidney Disease. You have to be vaery careful about your Diet and Medicine. If you are Dibetic control your Blood Sugar level and if you are Hypertensive then control your BP (120/80).

However, low protein is ok to reduce urine protein, but very low protein can make you very waek.  

• Posted

What is the difference between Stage - 3 and the "middle stage" of Kidney Disease?  Is one more advanced than the other? 

How does one distinguish between the 2 from that Sue's information? 

• Posted

Middle stage, I mean 3rd stage of CKD. See the different stages of CKD:

Stage 1: GFR 90+

Stage 2: GFR 60-89

Stage 3A: GFR 45-59

Stage 3B: GFR 30-44

Stage 4: GFR 15-29

Stage 5: GFR less than 15, if less than 10, go for dislysis.

GFR will depnd on your Creatinine Level and age. 

• Posted

Hi,Suggest eating low potassium, low salt, low phosphorus, low fat, low protein, high vitamin, high calcium food。
  • Posted

Hello, this shows that your current treatment may not be very good, diet also need to pay attention to, if you want to know more information, you can contact me, or leave your contact information

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.