eGFR increase

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was started on new Meds back in Feb because I'd moved overseas and they couldn't get my old Meds. I have just been for a routine blood test to check the Meds are working and my eGFR has gone up from around the 49/50 mark to over 60. Can this be right as it shows I've gone from CKD3 to normal kidney function.?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, as Helen said they may measure thing differently, but the outcome should be the same as kidney function is kinda a world recognised level. Bit like diabetes between UK an US....if my bloods measure 180 mg/flash on my US meter and 10 on UK (mmol), I'm still having a hyper that's double my recommended level.

I'd be inclined to not trust the result. Did they give you a % functionality or just "here's the egfr"?

• Posted

Hi Matt, I agree with you about not trusting the result. Unfortunately the medical centre here is very blasé about test results and their solution is to go back to the UK to have then done again. I had 11 tests done on my blood and urine as part of a well woman medical which they insist on doing then ignore the results they don't like. If there is any specific result you'd like me to share just let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.