Egg result. Left artery abnormality. Unconfirmed report. I'm worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

I never heard heart problem. But last two months I was diagnosed with high bp. It scared d hell out of me. I think abt it 24 hours a day. Then I started having palpitations. My doctor sent me for ecg. The result was left artery abnormality. Unconfirmed result. My doctor said nothing to worry about. But prescribed spino for 10 days. After reading and d drug I found out itis for heart failure. Made me feel as if my doc is hiding something from me. I'm worried stiff

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No no no you do not have heart failure, if you did he would be bound to tell you, how old are you, blood pressure does not equate to bad heart, its because you have probably smoked at some time or are you over weight, unfit, these all contribute to BP, diabetic, on other medication.

• Posted

I'm 43years old. I have never smoked or drank in my life. But my weight is 86kg. Just wondering why he prescribed the drug if all is well

• Posted

Thinking about it 24 hours is definitely not going to help. If your doc says "it's okay", Believe him and follow the treatment for some time and see if it works. Take a second advice if you are still not convinced.

The drug might be used to treat symptoms of heart failure -Hypertension. Many patrons like you are on this forum are fighting against hypertension.

• Posted

I'm not sure which prescription he issued you but I've never heard of that one. Is that prescription to make it better or not make it worse?I would follow up just to be clear on what it is exactly. If you're not satisfied I would get a second opinion If possible.

now if it was more serious problem, he would refer you to a cardiologist or send you to the hospital, but it could be something the medication will help you overtime and he just wants to keep on top of it for a few months and see how it is and then retest you later.

• Posted

Thank you Jesse. The drug is spironort. Not heard of it?
  • Posted

Zeemtukur...first of all, don't be scared to hell about having high bp. Did you know just how common it is. You'd be amazed. If you think about it constantly, & worry about it as well, you'll have a hard time getting the numbers down. Stress & anxiety boost it.

As for the medication your doctor prescribed to you, the best person to speak with about it is the Dr. There are many many drugs that treat various things, not just what you may have. An example could be Antenolol. A Beta Blocker slows the heart. People taking a beta blocker don't necessarily have a racing heart, but that medication is also prescribed as a bp lowering medication.

Again, speak with your Dr. Don't sit worrying when you don't have to.

• Posted

Well put. I have anxiety as well and it's true how bp is affected. BP is so common and I kept complaining because it was 140/90 he said that's ok. Taking o e pill for systolic and one for diastolic as well as one for heart rate. I'll take whatever as long as it works with the least side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.