Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Everyone

What is the position on Eggs?

My shoddy reserch tells me to avoid them. Is there a low fat egg anywhere??? :D

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rhyad

I had a really bad experience once with eggs but that was when I ate an omelette containing 5 :oops: :!: :!: :!: :oops: :oops: ( well I shared it)

Must say that I can now tolerate the odd one but I won't go over the top again.

Jane

• Posted

Hey,

I had two eggs scrambled a few days ago and was fine, no icky side effects whatsoever. I think they were about 4 grams fat each(ish). From what i,ve read here on the forum, as long as you dont go over 15g fat per meal you shud be o.k. Had them with 2 slices toast and low fat spread too, yummy! Sorry no such thing as a low fat egg,( i wish ) :lol: Hope this helps and good luck with any losses. x

• Posted

Hi

Everyone is different and I am jealous of those who can eat eggs as I used to love them but I had a really bad episode after having just one. I can't even look at them now as a consequence. Same goes for cheese! God I miss cheese sooooo muchhhhhhh!!!!!

Andy

• Posted

Andy.....yes, I miss cheese too....cottage cheese just doesn't fit the bill..nor does half fat stuff....by the way....did you ever think when you ate that egg that you might have got a BAD egg...it is still possible to get a bad egg....and the reaction would have been the same whether you were on the tablets or not. It could happen to anyone (and it has happened to me prior to taking the tablets) so perhaps you should try say half a scrambled egg on toast, see what the outcome is...you may be doing yourself out of that so satisfying egg. I have a friend who sometimes brings me fresh eggs (even laid that morning) and I just love that fresh egg boiled or poached. Try again at the weekend - what do you think? It's scary I know but if I were you I'd try on a day when you don't work.[/i]
  • Posted

I can have 1 egg on toast with no butter, anymore and i get really bad stomach cramps and wind.

I miss Cheese too! I have found Asda do a low fat cream cheese spread which is nice to have with spaghetti bolognese (extra lean mince of course!)

Carley x

• Posted

Hi all

I have found that a tescos cheese slices on it's own is enough to kerb my cheese craving.

Mind you, it is only 1 slice and always when I need to make up my fat intake.

4.9g per slice. No side effects. Could kill to eat a slab of laughing cow, but that may be the reason for my rotund nature in the first place :lol:

I couldn't go without cheese.

• Posted

hi i found today that morrisons do a spready cheese that is 3.5 g per 100g and is onion and chive it is ok and gives you that chessy hit if you need it good as philli light was 12.5 per 100g!!!!
  • Posted

New to orlistat but get the impression that I will be needing to stay away from eggs and cheese in order to stay away from any nasty toilet experiences!! :?
  • Posted

I had Egg WHOO HOO. I had 3 over 2 days (I do love them), both with prawn salads.

Unsure as to the fat intake for either salad, but I had no reaction (thank god).

I also had a Sainsburys cafe Roast Beef meal (very nice), and that didn't react either.

Good luck Hippolump. Trial and Error is the best way to go ( I am hardly an expert, being in the early stages myself). But any tip of the hat is good. :D

• Posted

Thanks Rhyad

I know everyone will have a different experience with the tabs and that its all about trial and error, but at the moment all I can think about is how to avoid such errors!! lol.

• Posted

I'm lucky with eggs - but always limit it to two. And like Andy & so many of you I love cheese, I miss cheese, but I do eat Laughing Cow extra light. Not the same as a big hunk of strong cheddar, but, it's just not worth is!
  • Posted

Hi

I had 2 poached :P lastnight with 2 sesame seed rivita (dry) and 2 slices of grilled bacon made a nice meal and touch wood no side effects!

• Posted

I was braved and tried eggs the other day - absolutely fine :-)
  • Posted

Hi

Have discovered Philly extra light small individual pots. 1.7g per pot. Lovely and yummy in a jacket potato.

Enjoy xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.