eggs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Just started the tabs  on Monday and haven't had any side effects so must be doing something right. Just wondering about a wee egg in fry light for lunch but am a bit scared that it would be a no go and there would be side effects. Anyone able to eat eggs on orlistat with no side effects? X

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susie ;-)

I purchased a ceracraft frying pan and cook my egg without fat in, I usually have it on toast with tiny bit of lowfat ketchup spread on the toast and lots of pepper and a tiny bit of sea salt.

Those frying pans are really wonderful, I got it from Asda on offer for £20, but well worth it in my opinion. I only have a egg once a week, but boy do I enjoy it!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks for that. Have seen those pans in my local dobbies  and may invest in one. X
    • Posted

Yep!...I am really impressed with my frypan, I would not bother with the saucepans though. I was lucky because one of my see through lids fits it exactly. ;-)

Nobody else gets to use my super duper frying pan, its strictly for cooking my food in!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I'm like you, in fact I was about to post the very same topic! I have avoided eggs completely since I started as they are 5g fat each. But should they be avoided? Or is a boiled egg with some dry toast not such a bad thing?  I'd be very interested to hear other people's thoughts! 
    • Posted

I have a chucky egg sandwich for my breakfast in a warburtons thin and have been fine x
    • Posted

Hi Tamsin :-)

I have been trying to find the leaflet my GP gave me on what to have/what not to have and how often, think it was an egg once a week?

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thanks guys. Have now had the egg and will see if it has any effects!!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.