Eight months since cateract surgery

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone use any kind of eye drops months after their cateract surgery .still having some glare effect etc

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had RLE surgery in June 2017 & yag Laser in Feb 2018 . I still use Hycosans hydrating drops as eyes still dry . 

• Posted

I use Systane Ultra drops on occasion.  Don’t get dry eye as often.  But I do take a flaxseed oil capsule once a day.  Read that (or omega 3 supplements) help with dry eye.
  • Posted

If the glare is due to dry eyes, then the eye drops will help. The dry eyes can be due to more than 1 reason. For example, these may be because the amount of tears is not enough or because the tear layer dries off too quickly (due to not having enough lipids in the tear) etc. Different tear drops address different issues. Thus, you may need to try more than one to see which one works best for you.

However, please be aware that there are many other reasons for having glare and the eye drops may not be able to correct those.

• Posted

My dry eyes are due to the minute glands in mtveyekuds being blocked and so not producing enough oils to keep my eyes moist . Worthwhile dirskibv to your eye consultant or optician 
  • Posted

6 months after my 2nd cataract surgery, I have started using Systane Brion Tears as and when needed. My husband's cataract surgeries were almost 2 years ago. And we both wear indoor sunglasses to cut glare from computer / tv / tablet screens and to filter out harmful blue light.  Some people believe that blue light may damage our retina leading to macular degeneration at a faster rate.

• Posted

My husband and I had cataract surgery months ago and didn't need to use any eye drops after.  However, I did have a Retinal Vein Branch Occlusion that I am getting injections for.  I also developed 2 Chalazions (one on each eyelid).  We don't have any glare effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.